PDA

View Full Version : Question 'bout stats

Peter_rus
05-26-2004, 06:58 PM
I find that according PT for 27K (12K SH + 15K full table) of my statystics the most profitable position in a table is CO. And it's higher than button ev in 1.5 times estimately.

I'm a little bit surprised by this fact because of thought that the most profitable must be a button. Does anyone else have the similar stats? How can you explain such phenomenon?

Peter_rus
05-27-2004, 03:52 AM
I wonder if there is nothing of interest?

stripsqueez
05-27-2004, 04:11 AM
i strongly suspect that what you are seeing is simply the short term - i have 70,000 hands of 6 max in pokertracker - the button makes about 25% more than UTG and there is only a small difference between UTG, UTG+1, and cutoff

play another 20,000 hands of 6 max and then take a look at how different groups of hands perform in different spots - i doubt the hands you have provide a good enough sample to be worried about

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

kiddo
05-27-2004, 04:19 AM
Normally you should win more from button becuase, obviously, you have more information, you are acting last, not 2nd to last, on every round.

Are your strategies from CO and button very different? If you are used to fulltable maybe you aint aggressive enough on button? Whats your % of stealing blinds? Are you raising loose prefloplimpers enough (easier from button, no fear of button coldcalling)?

Peter_rus
05-27-2004, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Normally you should win more from button becuase, obviously, you have more information, you are acting last, not 2nd to last, on every round.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes i think so too.

[ QUOTE ]
Are your strategies from CO and button very different?

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise much less on CO. I raise on button in stealing attempt about 35% of time. In CO trying to steal about - nearly 24% of time.

steal success seems good: No flop - 19%, w$withoutSD - 51%, w$SD-52%. But when first raise in i win on CO 0.8BB overall and on Button - 0.6BB overall. Maybe i raise on button too much?

[ QUOTE ]
Are you raising loose prefloplimpers enough (easier from button, no fear of button coldcalling)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. If 1 loose limper With AT+,66+, KQ. If two - AQ+,99+.

Schneids
05-27-2004, 04:41 AM
Or conversely maybe he is loosening up too much on the button and in steal situations with hands he might be better off folding.

Peter_rus
05-27-2004, 04:46 AM
Maybe you right - i raise on button with hands that have +ev against 1 or 2 random hands but excluding from these hands those which have tiny +ev like K6o, J8 etc. On CO i cut about 10% of marginal hands and raise with the other.

kiddo
05-27-2004, 04:48 AM
I have 75,000 hands in pokertracker - the button makes about 50% more then UTG and there is only a small difference between UTG, UTG+1, and cutoff.

My winrate have changed, but this 50% have stayed the same over time. Maybe more whimpy players at 5/10, making it easier to take control of the pot and win without fight.

kiddo
05-27-2004, 05:05 AM
Seems ok.

If only one limper I raise almost every hand I want to come in with from button. This includes Axs, KTo, QJo. If you limp you will get both blinds in with random hands and that makes it harder to use the boardcards to decide what to do and makes it harder to steal on flop (if you raise you will almost always win with a flop like Axx if noone got A). At my normal 5/10 people are limping with all kinds of strange hands like J3s and 97o.

I "never" limp first in and almost never 2nd in from button. In CO I turn some of those raises into limps.

Peter_rus
05-27-2004, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At my normal 5/10 people are limping with all kinds of strange hands like J3s and 97o.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
But i find that also people like play limping early hands like A5o-A8o that makes your raise vulnerable cause they will call you until river if A flops and you'll never know if they have an ace or chasing 2 pairs/trips with something low.

kiddo
05-27-2004, 11:30 AM
yep, I dont often raise Axo, I prefer folding them after limper. I only play 20% voluntairly Put Money in Pot so its not like I am raising all the time.

But IF you want to play them you got to do all you can to get blinds out so they are not hitting a small pair. If its hard to make them fold Axo unimproved its much harder to make them fold 95o and hit on 5.