PDA

View Full Version : Fossilman in action

Cubswin
05-26-2004, 06:10 PM
http://www.premierleaguepoker.com/fossilman.jpg

Baulucky
05-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Where can I get myself a pair of those glasses?

William
05-26-2004, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where can I get myself a pair of those glasses?

[/ QUOTE ]

If Greg wins, they will be auctioned at e-bay /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LLAMA
05-26-2004, 07:39 PM
I forget who it was, but I recently saw someone wearing those exact glasses on Late Night Poker.

ChristinaB
05-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Poker Pages:

Greg Raymer doubles up through Marcel Luske. Raymer all in with A-A preflop, Luske with A-K, the board comes Q-Q-7-7-X

ChristinaB
05-26-2004, 08:27 PM
Fossilman is so lucky!

Tobias Persson eliminated in 55th.
Persson all in preflop with 10-10 against Greg Raymer's J-J. The flop came 6-9-10 with two spades, giving Persson a set of tens. The turn was 8s, giving Raymer a flush draw and a straight draw. The river was another spade, giving Raymer a runner-runner flush.

ohkanada
05-26-2004, 08:52 PM
I hate having to be lucky winning with the best hand when the chips go in the pot!

Tosh
05-26-2004, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fossilman is so lucky!

Tobias Persson eliminated in 55th.
Persson all in preflop with 10-10 against Greg Raymer's J-J. The flop came 6-9-10 with two spades, giving Persson a set of tens. The turn was 8s, giving Raymer a flush draw and a straight draw. The river was another spade, giving Raymer a runner-runner flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

For gods sake, how many times. The money went in BEFORE the flop. The jacks held up, thats the only comment relevant to that hand.

HUSKER'66
05-26-2004, 09:42 PM
Yea, that would suck.

Have the best hand preflop as a four to one favorite only to have your opponent hit one of his two outs on the flop.

The turn brings you some hope, that coupled with the fact that you have fourteeen clean outs.

The rivers drops and crowns the best hand going in.....I don't call that luck, I like to refer to it as sweet justice!

Husker

ChristinaB
05-26-2004, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

For gods sake, how many times. The money went in BEFORE the flop. The jacks held up, thats the only comment relevant to that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can indeed be lucky despite having the best hand preflop. He was lucky to suck out a runner runner flush. With a short lifetime of only a few major tournaments, getting money in with the current best hand is not the only relevant consideration. You don't understand the dynamics and luck involved in tournaments if you think it is.

fluff
05-26-2004, 09:53 PM
What a load of crap.

If the flop came 3 spades, the turn a spade and the river a T, no one would call this a suck out. It is essentially the same thing, since no more decisions were made past the preflop all-ins.

If the flush didn't come, then you could say the other guy sucked out: he made a bad call, and won.

If Fossilman was not pot commited by the flop and goes all in then you could say he sucked out, because at that point he only had 2 outs + runner flush.

As it were, there is no suck out. The player with the best hand at the time of the last decision won.

ChristinaB
05-26-2004, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What a load of crap.

If the flop came 3 spades, the turn a spade and the river a T, no one would call this a suck out. It is essentially the same thing, since no more decisions were made past the preflop all-ins.

[/ QUOTE ]
You"re confusing decision making and the luck of the cards. While the decision opportunities were over with, the luck of the cards was still a factor. A suck out is still a suck out when everyone is all-in.

Long term decision making is key. Short term luck is bigger, and he sucked out a winner. Way to go Greg.

Tosh
05-26-2004, 10:12 PM
Nonsense. The money goes in and 5 cards are put onto the table. Its got nothing to do with flop, turn and river, its just the 5 cards to see who wins. Either the best hand holds up or the worst hand outdraws it.

Ed Miller
05-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Nonsense. The money goes in and 5 cards are put onto the table. Its got nothing to do with flop, turn and river, its just the 5 cards to see who wins. Either the best hand holds up or the worst hand outdraws it.

Gosh. LUCKY PLAYER. Why are you guys jumping all over this?

fluff
05-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Ok CB, whatever you say.

Oh might I add that your icon of a blonde cheerleader is an excellent choice for you.

Tosh
05-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Wow I don't think I've ever seen you post in the zoo before.

Ed Miller
05-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Wow I don't think I've ever seen you post in the zoo before.

I'm feelin FRISKAYYYY!

Cubswin
05-26-2004, 10:24 PM
francis from pee-wee's big adventure?

Cubswin
05-26-2004, 10:34 PM
Mike Holton is the actors name. I couldnt find a pick from pee-wee's big adventure but did find another one...

http://www.wasteoftechnology.com/motw/markholton/003.jpg

SaintAces
05-26-2004, 10:53 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif funny stuff

Syntax
05-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Fossilman stole my bike!!

AwesomeAli
05-26-2004, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I forget who it was, but I recently saw someone wearing those exact glasses on Late Night Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

It was most likely Jac Arama. He has over 100 pairs of comedy glasses.

Ali

Senor Choppy
05-27-2004, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You"re confusing decision making and the luck of the cards. While the decision opportunities were over with, the luck of the cards was still a factor. A suck out is still a suck out when everyone is all-in.

Long term decision making is key. Short term luck is bigger, and he sucked out a winner. Way to go Greg.

[/ QUOTE ]

He might've been lucky to be the one dealt AA instead of AK or JJ instead of TT. But saying "he sucked out a winner" is nonsense.

If the order than the 5 cards are revealed after 2 people are all-in makes a difference to you as far as determining who got lucky after the hand is over, your thinking is off.

LondonBroil
05-27-2004, 01:11 AM
If 2 people are all-in before the flop, why don't they just take all 5 cards and put them out all at once? Suspense?

astroglide
05-27-2004, 01:20 AM
suspense, yes, but it would be silly to suspend the rules of the game for all-in situations too

Baulucky
05-27-2004, 09:01 AM
Damn. It's a hard choice between his stack and them glasses!.