PDA

View Full Version : Who exactly is backing Greg Raymer, if he is, indeed, being backed?

SaintAces
05-26-2004, 05:52 PM
Go Greg!

Dynasty
05-26-2004, 06:40 PM
I don't think it's good etiquette to ask people where they get their backing. But, don't worry. If Greg wins the whole thing, it will be all over the net in short order.

MicroBob
05-26-2004, 06:52 PM
since he just won $450k or so in a WPT event a month or two ago i'm not sure he's being backed at all.

i dont know anything about him...except for the fact that he certainly should be able to afford the $10k fee if he wanted to after his big take earlier this year.

astroglide
05-26-2004, 06:55 PM
that was gotmilk, not fossilman

Elvis
05-27-2004, 05:36 AM
Fossilman qualified in a Pokerstars satellite.

Jonas

Dynasty
05-27-2004, 06:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fossilman qualified in a Pokerstars satellite.

[/ QUOTE ]

We know that. But, it seems he was still backed for the tournament.

Back in September of 2002, Greg arranged a backing agreement with many people. In this thread (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=gossip&Number=145853&Forum =,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=1000&Main= 145853&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=332&daterang e=1&newerval=5&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bo dyprev=#Post145853), Greg solicited backers and received them. I don't know the specifics of the arrangement. But, over the past year and a half, I remember reading on the forums that this backing agreement was still in effect.

It appears Greg used part of that bankroll to buy into the online satellite. Therefore, any money he wins in the WSOP will be split among his backers according to their agreement.

FYI: I have no specific first-hand knowledge. Everything I've written is based on my memory of posts about the topic. I could be wrong about specifics.