PDA

View Full Version : Party chat revoked...how long?

Frozen
05-26-2004, 04:50 PM
When one gets their Party chat revoked for 'foul language', how long does this usually remain in effect? Thanx.

fluff
05-26-2004, 05:09 PM
I hope forever.

Prickly Pete
05-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Thinking about throwing out some Frozen F bombs?

Frozen
05-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Do I know you?

Apparently they had a problem with me trying to fix THEIR problem by posting this link in the chat:

http://www.geocities.com/reardenmetal444/slowmo.html

goodguy_1
05-26-2004, 05:19 PM
only a week if you plead with them.I lost my Paradise chat 2 years ago..but then I decided I liked playing without it --this was for a year..about 4 months ago I finally asked in a polite email and they reinstated it that day.I Have had 2-3 warnings from Party and those lasted 24 hours each.I called them up each time and was professional and apologized...this was 2002/early'03.I've been warned at POkerStars but nothing came of tha tone.I also had run-ins with PokerRoom 2002ish but no actual banning.

I never use profanity anymore in any rooms..there are plenty of ways to express yourself w/o it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Many otherwise very solid players have bad tempers.This as we all know obvioulsy is really a very bad childish habit.Worst of all it ends up throwing YOU off your game and costing you money.I like quite a few zooers have learned this the hard way..

You will find that IF you regularly exercise even the worst succesive monster beats will roll right off you if know you are a solid weekly and monthly earner.The better shape you are physically ..I'm talking aerobic shape.You will be surprised how the beats are easier to take.But IF you are playing too high for your comfort zone or you are tired it's easy to get frustrated and angry.

MicroBob
05-26-2004, 05:28 PM
interesting....temper temper. got to watch it dude.

i had two different guys spamming their party-affiliate deals on all 4 of my tables today. weird.

i sent e-mails on both of them to party so i hope they get their chat revoked AND are not allowed to serve as affiliates anymore.

most of the other language doesnt bother me....
i dont want to stop the other fish from cussing away. it might help prevent them from starting a tilt-ish conversation with others.
also, some of the more flagrant cussers/whiners might even be less likely to play if they get their chat revoked.

otoh - if they are berating other fish AND aren't that bad a player themself THEN maybe i'll start to consider turning them in since they are possibly doing damage (scaring the fish).
but that's kind of an unusual situation i think....
usually cusser/whiner = lousy player (sorry guys...but it's true) and i WANT to keep him at my table.

MicroBob
05-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Does anyone find the irony of the last sentence of their reply to be somewhat hilarious??

Dear Robert ,

Thank you for contacting us.

With reference to your email thank you very much for bringing to our
attention . We will definitely address the situation as soon as
possible.

Next time you see someone spamming or using offensive language on the
tables, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can take
immediate action.

Thank you again for helping us maintain a positive atmosphere on our
tables.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to
contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to
assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

With regards,

Hima
Poker Customer Care.

Tell a friend about PartyPoker.com and get a chance to win a slice of
the $50,000 Bonanza.

Frozen
05-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Bad beats don't phase me. That's not what this is about at all.

It's entirely about me posting this link in chat:

csuf_gambler
05-26-2004, 05:36 PM
i got mine banned for a few days the first time.

just recently i got banned again, check out the email they sent me, too funny

"Dear Johnny,

Thank you for contacting us.

We have received complaints that you used profanity on our tables. We investigated and found this to be true. We have been forced to block your chat for 1 day.

We request you to refrain from using profanity and help us in maintaining a positive atmosphere on our tables.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

AnirbanD
Poker Customer Care"

i have also been banned on ultimate bet. i sent them a apology and they said they would unban me in a week, which they did. but they also said that if it ever happened again, they would ban my chat for life. which is strange considering im still using alot of profanity and havnt been banned yet.

goodguy_1
05-26-2004, 05:45 PM
the only thing that gets me mildy peeved these days is when I'm playing NL and I see obvious all-in abuse.This happens regularly in 6MAX games.I have had 2 players all-ins permanently removed by Party management by immediatley notifying Party.But my last complaint on all-in abuse went unanswered ..wtf?

really the only thing one needs to know to stop abusive chat is that it has a bad impact on your own play.Yes it makes the game less friendly to recreational types..but making money is what it's all about.I find that those that get at all emotive in any way often become targets knowingly or not especially in bigbet games.In limit poker you can get away with some of this.In NL rarely-emotion is too much of a factor..

goodguy_1
05-26-2004, 05:58 PM
yes you've talked about this before.Is it possible to not play at any of this guys tables??

it doesnt matter what you are getting upset about (badbeats,slow players,disconnections,etc) but just the fact that you are getting upset that matters..it all effects you the same way..You get off your game.

You already know this guy plays like this so why should you be surprised when he continues the same behavior?..If you already notified Party about him then you are the one that's going to have to adapt unless they make him get his act together.Just step around him and play at different tables.If the action is spread to thin and he monopolizes a half dozen sng's..you have a problem.BUT you cant get so pissed off that you risk losing your chat or possibly risk losing your livelihood?!

MicroBob
05-26-2004, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
which is strange considering im still using alot of profanity and havnt been banned yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

not nearly as strange as the fact that you are continually using profanity.
i just don't understand why...but maybe that's just me.

MicroBob
05-26-2004, 06:13 PM
the short version of goodguy's advice:

NEVER make it personal!!!

William
05-26-2004, 06:29 PM
just recently i got banned again, check out the email they sent me, too funny

What's so funny about it?

You behave badly, you get banned. I think PP is right and you should learn to behave.

William

csuf_gambler
05-26-2004, 06:36 PM
whats so funny?

well for starters it says "Thank you for contacting us."

if u don't find that amusing then u must be dull

William
05-26-2004, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
whats so funny?

well for starters it says "Thank you for contacting us."

if u don't find that amusing then u must be dull

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't find at all amusing when people misbehave at a poker table.

The fact that it says "thank you for contacting us" would be amusing in another context, but in these case all my attention is drawn to the fact that an impolite player founds funny the letter telling him he has been banned.

The WET BEAVER
05-27-2004, 01:37 AM
There was one time Paradise cut off my chat for two days for saying something weird.

I said, "I can smell Kam's clam from here"

Prickly Pete
05-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Hey Frozen, I like the campaign and will be happy to send an email as well. Mistermo is a pain in the ass to play with. And in response to Goodguy1, you can't always control who sits at your table. It always sucks if the one of the last 2 or 3 players to sit is Slowmo.

I'm assuming you haven't had any response from Party about dealing with Mo?

Frozen
05-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Thanx Pete, I seriously appreciate it!

Party has sent him numerous 'stern warnings', but slow mo is truly hopeless. Like I said in my form letter, once enough people voice their complaint the geniuses at party will finally realize the extent of the problem and take approrpriate action. Quite ironic how they decided to take action against ME, when all I'm doing is trying to help solve their problem. 10 day chat ban for just posting this link:

Note to anyone unfamiliar with late night/early morning Party $200 NL sng's... During this time period (midnight-6 a.m. approx) there is just no way to 'duck around' slow mo. Occasionally a table fills with 7-9 guys and raises my hopes, but slow mo always manages to jump in at the last moment to pollute the table.

GrannyMae
05-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Quite ironic how they decided to take action against ME, when all I'm doing is trying to help solve their problem.

i think this is what scobie said.

seriously frozen, i think you are fighting an uphill battle by getting angry at a someone for playing 6 tables and slowing things down. all party thinks is "hmmm, 6 tables? cooool"

jmo

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/x/coffeecup.gif

StellarWind
05-27-2004, 02:23 PM
If I were Party I would warn you or discipline you for what you did.

Complaining to Party about this player is completely appropriate. Referring your entire table to another website to read your allegations and encouraging them to gang up on him is unacceptable. You used your chat privilege to harrass an opponent.

For Party to tolerate this because the guy deserves it is no different from a sheriff allowing a guilty man to be lynched. If this guy is a problem then it is up to Party to deal with him. Like it or not it can't be any other way if they want to retain control over their games.

Don't take this the wrong way. This does not excuse their failure to deal with this player.

Frozen
05-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I'm aware that this is the root of the problem.

You're a wise old lady...how would you deal with this problem, Granny?

dogmeat
05-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Wow,

You got Balls! I think you made an error in judgement here, but admire you for speaking your mind /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

GrannyMae
05-27-2004, 02:35 PM
how would you deal with this problem, Granny?

pull my fuking hair out. there is nothing that aggravates me more than slow players at party, but i honestly feel they love their 6 table players.

if i thought that he was taking too much time and ruining the flow of the game to the point that others will switch sites because of him, i would type in the chat box that "this is crazy.. if anyone agrees, please email me and we will try a petition"

i don't see them asking him to limit his play to 3 tables unless you can present a petition from a bunch of other people that are heavy players, but fed up.

i think party hates the site you created. it is certainly the most effective way to get the copy+paste email out, but my scobie reference was only half joking. sites get scared of things like that.

btw, i'll sign your petition any time. i play online to get more action. a 40 hand/hr table can be found at foxwoods if i want that. ZZZZZ

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/l0/boring.gif

Lebronomania
05-27-2004, 03:06 PM
One time I requested that Pokerstars REVOKE my chat privileges for the just the reason you mentioned...abusing other players threw me off my game. Generally, when i play on Party, I set it to "summary without chat"...yet still occassionally I feel the ned to point out to a player he's an idiot. I've been considering asking Party to revoke my chat privileges. If I really wanna talk to someone, I can shoot him a message thru the buddy list / invite function.

Frozen
05-29-2004, 02:26 PM
So I request a cashout, and was told they they will not release my money, because I've been showing the complaint form letter website to friends in PRIVATE CORRESPONDENCE.

The website no longer exists now, as I had to take it down in order to recieve MY money which Party decided to hijack.
I will not post the name of the Party employee who perpetrated this, but I'm wondering if Lucy Jones would fire him if she learned of his ridiculous actions. My chat is still revoked, yet nothing was done to mister slow, the actual problem which I was only trying to fix.

AA suited
05-29-2004, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the only thing that gets me mildy peeved these days is when I'm playing NL and I see obvious all-in abuse.This happens regularly in 6MAX games.I have had 2 players all-ins permanently removed by Party management by immediatley notifying Party.But my last complaint on all-in abuse went unanswered ..wtf?

really the only thing one needs to know to stop abusive chat is that it has a bad impact on your own play.Yes it makes the game less friendly to recreational types..but making money is what it's all about.I find that those that get at all emotive in any way often become targets knowingly or not especially in bigbet games.In limit poker you can get away with some of this.In NL rarely-emotion is too much of a factor..

[/ QUOTE ]

what do u mean all-in abuse?