PDA

View Full Version : Was chickening out OK here?

Ohio Guy
05-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Should I have capped the river because of the crying calls from UTG, even though I was concerned that the BB had indeed flopped 4ok after his reraise on the river?

I had raised the past 2 hands in a row, and won them both with strong holdings. The BB had been acting loose preflop, but had not displayed much, if any agression during the previous hour, even on obvious (to me) winners.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (30.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 39.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 39.25 BB, between Hero, BB and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (39.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 3d Js (three of a kind, threes).
UTG shows 5h As (two pair, aces and fives).
Hero shows Ah Ac (full house, aces full of threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 39.25 BB. </font>

Rico Suave
05-26-2004, 04:37 PM
Hey Ohioguy:

Awww, come on. You went all the way down to one more bet and then stopped? Just throw it in, if he has quads, then so be it. Besides, you are getting 2:1 on your bet.

--Rico

Ohio Guy
05-26-2004, 04:42 PM
Thats what I was afraid of...still need to work on recovering my courage from the BB streak I had the last two weeks.

tech
05-26-2004, 04:48 PM
Besides just the raw probability, it is extremely unlikely that he flopped quads. He almost certainly would not have raised the flop.

balkii
05-26-2004, 04:48 PM
I chickened out once with the top boat on the river just like you did. and of course I had the guy beat. But fellow poster Nottom (BTW where have you been nottom?) was at the table and booed me, but gave me this great piece of advice -

With the 4 bet cap, JUST DO IT. If this were live and it was heads-up and there was no cap, then you can think about slowing down at some point. But a 4 bet cap, if he has the quads yay for him he wins a big pot.

surfdoc
05-26-2004, 06:50 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Do you think he would CR and thin the field with flopped quads?