PDA

View Full Version : KK easy muck on turn?

DpR
05-26-2004, 03:24 PM
I have KK in EMP, open for raise. All fold to CO who three bets. All fold and I call. 2 player to flop A,Q,5 rainbow. I bet, CO calls. Turn J (no flush draw). I bet CO raises. Now I call this down, but I am thinking this should be an easy fold on the river assuming I don't hit 1 of my 6 outs (which Im not getting correct odds on.

Given his three bet on flop the only way he doesnt have me beat is with 99 or 1010 perhaps (even that is wishful thinking) and it is tough to imagine him raising the turn with one of these hands since he cant figure there is much of a chance I fold to the raise.

You guys fold this hand? I don't make as much as I think I should on KK and am looking for reasons why. I am thinking perhaps I am not folding it when I am beat.....

PokerNoob
05-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Why no reraise preflop? If you don't reraise, why not checkraise that flop? After the turn, it looks like you are behind to any legitimate hand thats still involved.

Gabe
05-26-2004, 04:05 PM
If you have 6 outs, you are getting odds. Sometimes you don't have 6 though.

Gabe
05-26-2004, 04:17 PM
Most likely you have 5.33 outs.

DpR
05-26-2004, 04:33 PM
I didnt cap pre flop becasue I like to keep em guessing a little bit when I am heads up. The three bettor could have AK and I think if rags flop I am more likley to get him to call all the way with only 3 outs (AK) if I don't cap pre flop.

On the flop you are prolly correct that a check rasie is the right way to go since I didnt cap. I think I was frusterated when I saw the flop and forgot the plan. Now had I done that and get three bet on flop - you muck it then or are you gonna call down anyway? More likley result is that the QQ (that is what the other guy had) call my check rasie then rasies me on turn again.

Do you fold KK to a three bet after check rasie on the flop?

As per odds on the turn (in reply to other poster) I have to figure I have 6 outs at best. Worst cases are 4 outs to split and 2 to win (AK) or 4 outs to win (AA). I am debatebly getting ok odds on the call of the rasie - but then it is river fold for certain.....I am really jsut talking myself into the correct play in the future....

Gabe
05-26-2004, 05:02 PM
"I am really jsut talking myself into the correct play in the future...."

You will rarely be in situations that close on the turn. In this case it is more or less a push, and next to impossible to calculate at the table.