PDA

View Full Version : mixed feelings, four straight 3rd place finishes,

pokerraja
05-26-2004, 02:53 PM
I finally moved up to $100NL sng's at PP. I have climbed the ladder through all the stakes. The last 3 weeks have been great for me. Ill be honest, When i make the money, i have more first place finishes than 2nd and 3rd. So this is why im so baffled at my latest streak. I have finished in third place in 4 straigth tourneys. The reason im baffled is that in all 4 i was chip leader at start of the 3-way tourney. Of course there are times where you feel great just to sneak in the money, but im in the opposite situation. I think my biggest leak has been not turning off my super aggresive game when im chip leader with 4-6 people left and i basically run over people and steal blinds. then when we get 3-way i will raise all-in with any A or K hand and get called and basically lose a coin flip. I need to tighten up.

I played 2 tourneys before work this morning. in First one. MY JJ calls a all-in by KQ, and Q falls on river. I can take that bad beat. in second tourney, Im in BB with A10s and raise the limping SB all-in, he calls with K10, and he flops straight to beat my flopped two pair! i guess those two are just bad beats.

I'm now sitting at work and pissed off, cuz third place in these tourneys your basically losing $300. and as we all know when it gets 3-handed its a crap shoot. the way i look at it if you think you have best hand preflop you might as well go all in and have a race. thats the way many of the 3-handed games have become. sure every once in awhile you can actually see flops and use skill to win. but i need to fix some leaks, maybe slow down with my aggession when we all get in the money. any advice or support is appreciated.