PDA

View Full Version : Negreanu comments

Wayne
05-26-2004, 01:28 PM
I knew full well that a patient strategy was the right way to go but for some reason I lacked the necessary patience. I was "supposed" to wait for my opponents to make mistakes, but instead I was the one who made the crucial errors by bluffing in spots where I know better.

I don't "blame" my opponents at all. THEY made great calls against me, and in a nutshell on those hands totally outplayed me. I don't buy the argument that they just didn't know any better and couldn't lay down a hand. The bottom line is "I" know better and "I" blew it. I take "full" responsibility for getting knocked out.

Failing to recognize that I knocked myself out would be a great fault in my poker thinking. If my opponents call me too often, I'm not supposed to risk my chips on a bluff against them. It's that simple.

more at the link....
http://www.thehendonmob.com/diary.php

William
05-26-2004, 01:36 PM
LOL, the guy doesn't miss an opportubity to fire at Annie Duke. He's clever, you got to give him that /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Richie Rich
05-26-2004, 01:40 PM
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

curmudgeon
05-26-2004, 03:15 PM
get a life you mudslinging idiot /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

curmudgeon
05-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Tells it like it is...........

B Dids
05-26-2004, 03:23 PM
I think Dan's talking about his OWN comments about "trying to bluff unbluffable" players. Doubt this has anything to do with what Annie said.

bigfishead
05-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Excellent post there From Daniel. That post was the nuts.
This is exactly what I was speaking of with a friend. Daniel knows where he screwed up. There are those players and entire tables for that matter where one has to take the bluff, semi-bluff, and shove it back in his/her pocket to use another day. Too bad Daniel kept trying to pull it out of his pocket. Too many sherriffs there to hand out speeding tickets!

oddjob
05-26-2004, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
get a life you mudslinging idiot /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

nice, follow a tasteless post with a tasteless response. in my eyes you're no better then the person you just put down. in fact, he's better cause he was probably joking.

talk about negativity.

curmudgeon
05-26-2004, 04:37 PM
J off budinsky /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Huskiez
05-26-2004, 04:42 PM
Finally a pro who puts the blame on himself rather than the opposition. I'm just surprised he didn't realize this before the tournament started.

I remember reading in Super System how Doyle was shocked why people tried to bluff bad players. Even I would go in to the tournament knowing not to try bluffs as they won't work against inexperienced players.

oddjob
05-26-2004, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
J off budinsky /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

same could be said to you, hypocrite.

mackthefork
05-26-2004, 05:39 PM
It's easy until they check it round and you know no one has a hand worth calling with you see 50K worth of chips, 20K might buy it. hhhhmmmmmm never as easy as in the books.

Regards ML