PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 pair

Acesover8s
05-26-2004, 01:01 PM
$1-$2 NLHE on party. I have been there for 2 orbits, no reads, well, theres actually no reads because I'm not paying attention.

Anyway. UTG+2 ($100) opens for $8. I ($120) smooth call with AdKd. Two callers behind me.

Flop comes Kh7h7d. Checked to me and I bet $30. Both players behind me fold. UTG+2 calls.

Turn is the As. UTG+2 checks, and I set her all in. She calls.

Comments? Results later.

Richie Rich
05-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Hate to say it, but I don't like it. A PF raise from EP should be respected if you don't have any reads to suggest otherwise. You are beating AQ/QQ/JJ...losing to AA/KK...tied with AK. For some reason, I get the feeling that your opponent was setting up a trap in this hand -- and happy to see that you went all-in on her.

Godfather80
05-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Nice Canadien full house. However, I have to think you're beat when she calls. She wouldn't bet preflop and then call you're flop bet with any hand other than AA, KK, 77, or possibly AhKs. In a way, that Ace on the turn was the last card you wanted to see because it forced you to try and shake her. I would have bet enough on the turn to defend against the flush draw say $35 or $40, and seen what she did. If she raised all in at that point it would cost another $22-$27 to call, which I probably wouldn't.

1800GAMBLER
05-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Your good enough most of the time, ignore our paranoia-attacks-at-the-table-player.

JKratzer
05-26-2004, 08:53 PM
The fact your opponent calls the all-in isn't a good sign. But, you didn't know they would call, so.... One would expect the PF raiser to bet out at the pot. Because they didn't bet with a good flop for most preflop raising hands suggests two things to me. Either they made a monster and don't want to scare off the other players, or their hand is worthless and they don't want to try to bluff it (i.e. QQ in this instance). So, they check. You bet and they call. Now, I suspect monster, and with the play on the turn I'm guessing your opponent flopped the boat.

1800GAMBLER
05-26-2004, 08:57 PM
I tried to edit my post but it's too late. The way the action has gone i think she has AQ QQ JJ VS KK. Checking is the better turn play.

River play, if she bets call. If she checks bet about 1/3 of the pot.

NotAClue
05-27-2004, 12:58 AM
This seems like a situation where you're either way ahead or way behind. If the UTG+2 has something like QQ or JJ, there doesn't seem to be much point in betting the turn as they're unlikely to call with two overcards on the board. I think a better play would have been to check the turn through and see what UTG+2 does on the river. If the opponent doesn't have you beat already, maybe they'll bluff at the pot with a second-best hand thinking you fear the A.