PDA

View Full Version : Rico folds

Rico Suave
05-26-2004, 12:30 PM
I recently moved up to party 3/6 and I have had some mixed results. I have had one nice stretch, and one bad stretch, and the rest of the time I feel like I am taking baby steps forward. I know my sample size is completely insignificant, but as I analyze my play, I think I have begun folding more in marginal situations where I used to call. I know I don't get paid off as much any more with my hands, and maybe I am compensating by refusing to pay/chase when the situation is reversed.

Here are a few hands from yesterday's session. I know nothing gets you guys more riled up than a bad fold, so I am certain you guys will not hold back. Do I have a case of the weak tighties? Or are these reasonable folds.

Hand 1:
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Rico is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Rico raises</font>, MP2 <font color="purple">(loose#2)</font> calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB <font color="purple">(loose#1)</font> calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, loose#1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Rico bets</font>, loose#2 calls, MP3 folds, SB folds, loose#1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
loose#1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Rico bets</font>, loose#2 calls, loose#1 calls.

River: (9.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
loose#1 checks, Rico checks, <font color="CC3333">loose#2 bets</font>, loose#1 calls, Rico folds.

Hand 2:
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Rico is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Rico raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 <font color="purple">(seemed reasonable)</font> calls, CO folds, Button <font color="purple">(loose &amp; calls too much)</font> calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Rico bets</font>, seemed reasonable calls, loose &amp; calls too much calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Rico checks, <font color="CC3333">seemed reasonable bets</font>, loose &amp; calls too much calls, Rico folds.

Hand 3
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Rico is MP1 with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, Rico calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Rico raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
UTG+2 checks, Rico checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Rico folds

--Rico

lil'
05-26-2004, 12:42 PM
On hand 1, I think I would rather bet and fold to a raise on the river than check and fold.

Hand 2 seems good. The turn was a good place to give up.

Hand 3 seems good. If the pot were a little bigger on the turn you may want to try to stick around with your 4 outs.

Luke
05-26-2004, 12:47 PM
In general, I think all of these folds are OK.

Hand 1 is the trickiest IMO but I think you played it well. If loose #1 folds the river, then I might call, but with 2 opponents there, you are almost certainly going to see an ace or ten there.

Hand 2, you took a stab on the flop and got 2 callers. I think checkfolding the turn is the play, even though you picked up the gutshot.

Hand 3, you're getting 8-1 from the pot closing the action but the odds are 10.5-1 against you to fill up. I don't think you can be very sure you'll be able to pick up 3 more bets on the river so folding is fine.

Luke

Thomsen
05-26-2004, 12:48 PM
good point on hand one it gives a much better chance of winning will use it myself ! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rico Suave
05-26-2004, 12:53 PM
Hey Luke:

Hand 1:
[ QUOTE ]
If loose #1 folds the river, then I might call, but with 2 opponents there, you are almost certainly going to see an ace or ten there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my thought process. I was going to call one on the river, but I thought overcalling was wrong.

--Rico

MaxPower
05-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Rico,

In a live game you could probably lay down hand 1 all the time, but when playing Party 3/6 you should consider overcalling if your opponents are moronic enough.

BaronVonCP
05-26-2004, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
good point on hand one it gives a much better chance of winning will use it myself ! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think you will get a better hand to fold? I don't.

Kluddeludde
05-26-2004, 02:59 PM
Let's go through them one by one.

Hand 1:
I think it's a close one. You have to be good here about 8% of the time. Had Loose#1 folded, it would have been an easy call, but going for the overcall may be to stretch it. It's close.

Hand 2:
Good fold. If he's reasonable he's not staying in with anything less than an ace.

Hand 3:
Nice fold. You don't have the odds to draw to a full house and UTG+2 called. This most certainly means a weak heart. Had not UTG+2 called, I would perhaps call him down. Very player dependent, though.

Just my 2 cents.

Kludde