PDA

View Full Version : Live Tournament TT v Calling station

salty
05-26-2004, 10:46 AM
Im in second on a table of eight players with another table of eight beside me.The table merged about 5 hands previously and theres a stack on the table 2 to my left with no visible owner.

The owner arrives back and its the local calling station who has me covered by about T10k.I have T60k the rest of the field average T25k.Im playing the game of my life here,super aggressive showing down good hands when called etc.....couldnt be better.

I know this calling station very well and he cant stay out of pots,his starting hand range is at least 75% of all known 2 card combos.He builds up mountains of chips regularly but never finishes in the money.

Enough background heres the point:

Loose guy Utg goes all in 12.5k pre flop,folded to me I call w TT in the hole,folded to calling station he calls,3 to the flop,

Flop 7 7 5 rainbow, I bet 10k calling station calls,I think about it and decide hes chasing and ace so if the next card over still gives me an over pair im going all in (by the way if he held a high pocket pair hed have pushed pre flop)

Turn 8.....scare card also making a flush draw (but I cant put him on that,action to me I push he calls.

Ive analysed this and I feel I know the errors I made,I discussed it with others who have said that I was more than likely never going to get a different result.

I lost......care to comment......result + comment to follow.

BlackAces
05-26-2004, 11:03 AM
I'm guessing he had the flush? Either that or A7.

You're playing a guessing game on the flop. If he'll play most hands preflop, trip sevens is not an impossible, or even unlikely, hand for him. If that's not the case, the three-flush on the turn probably made his hand.

I would've reraised preflop, and try to either a) shut him out, or b) get him to call with a worse hand. Guessing on the flop with pocket tens against a calling station -- and one with more chips than me, no less -- is not where I really want to be. (But then, my postflop play is certainly not my strength...)

salty
05-26-2004, 04:21 PM
He flipped over 77 for flopped quads.

What i still dont know here is if I had re raised would he have called.The man is stone mad in general and has no respect for his chips.I also know my 10k bet into a pot of 30k+ was too weak,though by that stage I was doomed.

I spoke to others who were there and they feel he was going into that pot regardless therefore the outcome was the same,but that does not change the fact that next time Ill do better to make it heads up rather than 3 to the flop.