PDA

View Full Version : Turn Decision

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-26-2004, 10:43 AM
'Stars $30 + 3 1 table

Level 3 - 25/50 - 8 left. I have 1295 2 off the button.

Folded to me with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif I make it 150 to go. Button call, blinds fold. (pot = 375)

Flop: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, he bets 150, I call. My feeling here is that even though I don't have correct odds to draw for the flush, there are a lot of cards that can come on the turn other than a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif that I won't hate (any K, Q, J, 9, A)

Turn: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I now have a gut shot to go along with my flush draw, but I can't be sure a K or a Q are outs.

I check, he bets 150.

Who calls? Who raises?

My action, river, and results later.

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-26-2004, 05:29 PM
I can't believe nobody found this worthy of a comment. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

hyde
05-26-2004, 09:00 PM
Ok, I'm not real fond of the hand. but if I'm in to the point you leave us hanging.......I call. and probably hate what ever the river is unless Ad. which I just noticed is what you think.....
I probably wouldn't have called his $150 after the flop. either got out or raised.....probably got out if the blinds were $50 and he raised 3BB.....

I think he has A J..................maybe even diamonds...
\

hyde

Desdia72
05-26-2004, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
'Stars $30 + 3 1 table

Level 3 - 25/50 - 8 left. I have 1295 2 off the button.

Folded to me with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif I make it 150 to go. Button call, blinds fold. (pot = 375)

Flop: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, he bets 150, I call. My feeling here is that even though I don't have correct odds to draw for the flush, there are a lot of cards that can come on the turn other than a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif that I won't hate (any K, Q, J, 9, A)

Turn: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I now have a gut shot to go along with my flush draw, but I can't be sure a K or a Q are outs.

I check, he bets 150.

Who calls? Who raises?

My action, river, and results later.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i would have reraised on the flop. i don't favor calling 150 with two suited cards on the flop and two of the same card. it's either that or ditch the draw hand on the flop after he bet. i figure if he calls your reraise of the flop and then bets again on the turn, which was a none diamond, i would put him on trip 10s and fold. he could maybe have A 3 (i doubt he would call a raise preflop with this at the $30 level) or pocket 3s giving him a fullhouse. the way i see it is a reraise let's you know where you stand in the hand early. you showed strength preflop and you're showing strength now. i'd most likely bail out on the turn if i did'nt hit my hand after the call of my reraise on the flop. but then again, i am a player with less than a year of experience, and although i'm a winning player, i still have a lot more to learn.

William Wilson
05-26-2004, 10:02 PM
You're telling me when I move up a level I have to play you? Ouch.

Seriously, even though I'm not the one you want commenting, I don't understand why you don't bet the flop fairly hard here, especially with your raise preflop. Chances are he doesn't like this board much, either.

Betting gives you a chance to see where you are here, IMO.

See you soon, I guess /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-26-2004, 11:05 PM
I wasn't happy with the way I played this, but I've been thinking I've been leading at too many flops I miss after raising preflop and thus bleeding chips. My feeling was that if he had a T or a pair, he might try to trap me and give me a free, or cheap, card. He did that on the flop and then again on the turn.

I called the turn bet. In a sense, I've invested about the same number of chips I would have by leading strongly at the flop. Of course, I could've won the pot right there had I led /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The river brought the 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I make yet another bad decision and bet 450, my brain lock not registering that he'll only call with a hand that beats me. Fortunately, he doesn't have a hand that beats me and folds.

Maybe it's a sign that I'm getting better when I spend a couple of hours kicking myself for a hand I win.

Stoneii
05-27-2004, 08:42 AM
oops, double post

Stoneii
05-27-2004, 08:43 AM
yeah but he doesn't get to see your hand this way, I used to always think that betting out when u only get called if you lose was not to be done. I do it now and again though so I don't always give away via the showdown what I've been playing.

G'Luck

stoneii

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-27-2004, 09:14 AM
Probably I'm being over-critical of myself here. If I check and he bets, what do I do? Can I really fold the flush?

That's really the source of my self-criticism: putting my entire stack at risk yet only giving myself one way to win the hand.