PDA

View Full Version : Can u not see the script...

Stoneii
05-26-2004, 10:13 AM
With all the chat about "I hope it's a pro/non pro wins it", you have to see the script. It's a cert....

The legend that is Doyle Brunson wins in an epic HU in the final with 1 of the new breed of Internet players (is he a fossil or just a discovery?).

There's a film in the making!!!

stoneii

Joe Tall
05-26-2004, 10:23 AM
in the final with 1 of the new breed of Internet players (is he a fossil or just a discovery?).

Greg may have qualified online but he has been playing Live Poker for over a decade. He is a regualr at Foxwoods as he lives in Southern Connecticut and is a grizzled veteran to big tounament poker.

He placed very high in the World Poker Finals 2002 (WPT event) at Foxwoods in which Howard Lederer went on to win. I may stand corrected, but I think Andy Bloch put a bad beat on Greg and busted him just off the TV-table in 7th.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Stoneii
05-26-2004, 10:41 AM
I know he has from reading around, but he qualified via pokerstars so was counting him as Internet player (as will the site and press if he makes final table /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

stoneii

HiatusOver
05-26-2004, 10:47 AM
While I am not disputing that Greg is a Brick and Mortar veteran, he did not finish too high in the WPT event you are referring to. Kathy Lederer was busted out on the TV bubble and it was a bad beat by Layne Flack who held J9s (not really a bad beat, just a bad flop)...So not sure why you are making things up Joe Tall, but I couldnt let this get through

Joe Tall
05-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Kathy Lederer was busted out on the TV bubble and it was a bad beat by Layne Flack who held J9s (not really a bad beat, just a bad flop)...So not sure why you are making things up Joe Tall, but I couldnt let this get through

Ok, I stand corrected and I may have mixed up TV-bubble w/final table or actual bubble.

My point was that Greg is no 'Moneymaker Internet'-story, as you know.

Peace,
Joe Tall

citanul
05-26-2004, 10:59 AM
i thought that kathy lederer didnt even play poker?

at least that was what she was quoted as saying in pos 5th street

citanul

Joe Tall
05-26-2004, 11:00 AM
thought that kathy lederer

He means Liebert. She came in 7th, now I remember.

Peace,
Joe Tall

HiatusOver
05-26-2004, 11:03 AM
ahhh good thing that Joe didnt catch me on that first! Kathy Liebert is what I meant...my bad. And yes Joe, Greg Raymer is far from an internet MoneyMaker story, and I think that will probably get across if he progresses mostly because he will want his brick and mortar grunt work to get the credit he deserves. I used to always play the foxwoods 20-40 on weekday nights before I moved to California and I remember a string where Raymer went something like 1st, chop and 4th in 3 consecutive weeks. (big tournament usually 200 players) He seemed to always build chips in that tournament...men against boys.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-26-2004, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ahhh good thing that Joe didnt catch me on that first! Kathy Liebert is what I meant...my bad. And yes Joe, Greg Raymer is far from an internet MoneyMaker story, and I think that will probably get across if he progresses mostly because he will want his brick and mortar grunt work to get the credit he deserves. I used to always play the foxwoods 20-40 on weekday nights before I moved to California and I remember a string where Raymer went something like 1st, chop and 4th in 3 consecutive weeks. (big tournament usually 200 players) He seemed to always build chips in that tournament...men against boys.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is starting to remind me of that SNL skit with John Goodman - the one with the drunk guys at happy hour after work talking up Bill Plashke and all the ridiculous things he does and how huge he is.

eric5148
05-26-2004, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is starting to remind me of that SNL skit with John Goodman - the one with the drunk guys at happy hour after work talking up Bill Plashke and all the ridiculous things he does and how huge he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Bill Brassky. That was somewhat funny the first 2 or 3 times they did it, but not after 20 or 30 times. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-26-2004, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Bill Brassky. That was somewhat funny the first 2 or 3 times they did it, but not after 20 or 30 times. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
That's right - Brassky or Braschke or something like that. And you're also right about it getting old. They tend to do that on SNL - beat a good skit to death.

ohkanada
05-26-2004, 11:43 AM
A few years back before the WPT Greg got 3rd (or 2nd) place at the final event of the Foxwoods fall tourney. He also split 1st place with Vince in a Stud tourney in the foxwoods spring tourney.

He also lasted into the 3rd day of the WSOP a few years ago before getting bad beat (AQ vs T4?, allin pre-flop i believe).

Ken

MVicuna
05-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Hi,

So you saw "The Cincinnati Kid" as well this weekend?

MarkV.