PDA

View Full Version : Do you lay down when they represent a flush?

ctv1116
05-26-2004, 09:16 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero has T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (10 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows 5h Qh (flush, queen high).
Hero shows Td Ts (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: UTG wins 10 BB. </font>

Clearly you cannot make the laydown with trips (can you?) because UTG definitely could have spiked two pair or slowplayed two pair or a lower set. However, would you lay down with T7? How about with AK (no hearts)?

stripsqueez
05-26-2004, 10:01 AM
i havent looked at the result but it sounds like you lost

i read the play on the flop closely expecting at first that you were trying out a dodgy over limp reraise manoeuvre - on the flop i like call - i want the SB and BB to play - raising is not likely to increase the chances that i'm going to win this pot - i'm going for an ABC get more money in on the turn - as it is i 3 bet the turn with the intention of calling down there after or betting the river if its checked to me

i reckon folding the river would be the quadrella

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

ctv1116
05-26-2004, 03:36 PM
So you suggest I 3-bet the turn, even though he's representing the flush? Is this some sort of value bet, where I believe that more than half the time I will have the better hand, so I put my money in the middle?

Nate tha' Great
05-26-2004, 03:56 PM
I agree with stripsqueenz that your play preflop and on the flop is not optimal.

But in a general sense, there is no way that I would fold here, even if another flush card came on the river.

stripsqueez
05-26-2004, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you suggest I 3-bet the turn, even though he's representing the flush? Is this some sort of value bet, where I believe that more than half the time I will have the better hand, so I put my money in the middle?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think you valued your cards enough - you had a big hand pre-flop and a huge hand post flop - i think more often than not i am still in front on the turn and if i am behind i have 10 outs

i think you played the hand much too passively - i know in this game that a crash bash approach often isnt optimal but i still think its just too wimpy to over limp pre-flop and not spew more chips on the expensive streets when you have 3 of a kind

stripsqueez - chickenhawk