PDA

View Full Version : KK played well?

crockpot
05-26-2004, 01:28 AM
hero has KK in BB.

UTG (loose) limps, SB (loose) limps, hero raises, both call.

flop: Q96 rainbow.

hero bets, UTG raises, SB calls, hero 3-bets, UTG caps, SB calls.

turn: 3 completing the rainbow.

checked to UTG who bets, SB calls, hero calls.

river: 3

checked to UTG who bets, SB folds, hero raises, UTG calls.

comments? suggestions on how to react to a river 3-bet?

asdf1234
05-26-2004, 01:33 AM
I don't think I'd do it unless UTG was really loose (enough so to limp with Q9 or other combos that make 2 pair on the flop). Seems like rational players are more likely to have 99 or 66, although I'm 95% certain you're good when he only calls the river c/r.

gamblore99
05-26-2004, 01:44 AM
I would have check raised the turn after he bet, and fold to a reraise. I would also bet the river and call one last bet there.

asdf1234
05-26-2004, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have check raised the turn after he bet, and fold to a reraise

[/ QUOTE ]

You can call down for the same price. Against most opponents you're going to be behind after being capped or 3-bet or whatever it was on that type of flop.

gamblore99
05-28-2004, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would have check raised the turn after he bet, and fold to a reraise

[/ QUOTE ]

You can call down for the same price. Against most opponents you're going to be behind after being capped or 3-bet or whatever it was on that type of flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a very good point. But if he is a loose player I think there is a good chance that your still ahead. If his hand were very strong he would probably just call the flop and raise the river. I think its worth trying trying to rack up some extra bets.

asdf1234
05-28-2004, 02:06 AM
What do you think he capped the flop with? The only thing he conceivably could have capped the flop with that you're ahead of is AQ, unless he's a LAG, which is not in his read.

gamblore99
05-28-2004, 02:35 AM
AQ, KQ, and maybe even QJ. probably not QJ. im starting to see it your way...