PDA

View Full Version : Who raises the river?

MaxPower
05-26-2004, 12:13 AM
Have no read on my opponent.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: MaxPower is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">MaxPower 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, MaxPower calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
MaxPower checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MaxPower raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MaxPower caps</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (8.66 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">MaxPower bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MaxPower 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, MaxPower calls.

River: (16.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
MaxPower checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, MaxPower calls.

Final Pot: 18.66 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 18.66 BB, between CO and MaxPower.</font>

chesspain
05-26-2004, 12:24 AM
Unless you know your opponent to be a maniac, assume that he at least has some semblance of rational thought. Consequently, the only possible hand that you can beat that a rational opponent might play this aggressively is AK, but once the river card hits that would mean that there are only two possible combinations of AK he could have. However, given his non-stop betting on this board, I think he is at least equally likely to have the one possible holding of AA. Consequently, I would just checkcall the river, unless you really feel like checkraising and then calling a three-bet.

Edit: As I was laying in bed fifteen minutes after posting this, I realized that Hero also loses to AK...consequently, what's the post of this post?

ddubois
05-26-2004, 12:33 AM
The more appropriate quesiton is "Who breaks does and cries at this river?"

Chesspain, he loses to AK.

Saborion
05-26-2004, 12:38 AM
Not I anyway.
Unless he's a total freak, he must have AA or AK(s).
3 combinations of AK vs 2 combinations of AA.
But you know what, that really doesn't matter. Since if he has EITHER AA or AK, you're beat. But you knew that. So why post this? Did he have an underpair? 7's?

MaxPower
05-26-2004, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not I anyway.
Unless he's a total freak, he must have AA or AK(s).
3 combinations of AK vs 2 combinations of AA.
But you know what, that really doesn't matter. Since if he has EITHER AA or AK, you're beat. But you knew that. So why post this? Did he have an underpair? 7's?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was a total freak. He had A5o and I took it down.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't seeing monsters under the bed /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Saborion
05-26-2004, 12:56 AM
Haha.
Seriously though, there's no way you can raise that river against an unknown. At least you got away with, unlike my TT against limp reraiser UTG. Flop comes xKT, and my TT goes down in flames.

I hope you got more money from that freak, given your good position on him.

asdf1234
05-26-2004, 01:30 AM
You don't beat any rational hands at that point, you were either behind wire to wire against AA or just got snapped on the river to AK.

A5 you say? Wow. I've seen a bunch of people cap preflop the last couple days with A-rag, weird trend.

StellarWind
05-26-2004, 11:35 AM
Actually, I object to 3-betting the turn. Presumably he has AA or AK at this point (yeah, I saw ...). There are three possible hands either way so what are you doing? He might not play AK this way and you will lose double when he caps with AA.

BeerMoney
05-26-2004, 01:01 PM
I would bet the river.