PDA

View Full Version : A5s in the BB vs open-raiser

Saborion
05-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Opponent is unknown.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 9 BB, between Hero and MP3.</font>

Saborion
05-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Opponent had AQo and my hand is good.

Chris Daddy Cool
05-26-2004, 08:53 PM
I would have played it the same way.

except sometimes i 3bet that flop, which would usually cause him to fold to a turn bet when i lead out.

the way you played it extracted the most money out of him and minimized your losses if were indeed behind.

Kenshin
05-26-2004, 09:08 PM
I like your play.

That said, I will on occasion three bet here preflop
Ugghh, I did not notice the small blind. I would just call here
Kenshin

Edited due to a momentary lapse of reason

Nate tha' Great
05-26-2004, 09:12 PM
As you've discovered, betting out is better than check-raising here, since it's going to put more pressure on the SB when MP (probably) raises. But I generally prefer 3-betting the flop and leading out again on the turn. A good opponent will raise you a lot on draw-heavy flops but check-behind on the turn to take a free card/cheap showdown; there's no reason to allow him to do that here. Granted, this guy seemed willing to hang himself with his overs, but many opponents won't donate so much.

Saborion
05-26-2004, 09:16 PM
I'm a bit unused to these situations since I only recently started calling these situations pre-flop. All I know is that I wanted an A to hit on the turn. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But yah, I should take 3-betting strongly into consideration on a board like this.