PDA

View Full Version : Hand reading Quiz

PokerBabe(aka)
05-25-2004, 10:31 PM
This is a hand I played last week at Mirage in a very good 20-40 game.

It's folded to the c/o who is an extemely aggressive young lad who thinks he is a 40-80 player. /images/graemlins/confused.gif The day prior, he lost 1K instantly in my game as he bemoaned the fact that the game was "boring". His "boredom" in the game led him to raise and call raises with any two, more or less.

Anyway, he raises in the c/o and I call in the bb with Q,8 spades.

Flop is J /images/graemlins/club.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif I check raised and he 3 bet me. Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif I bet and he called. River is 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check. He checks.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to what he had?

Clarkmeister
05-25-2004, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a hand I played last week at Mirage in a very good 20-40 game.

It's folded to the c/o who is an extemely aggressive young lad who thinks he is a 40-80 player. /images/graemlins/confused.gif The day prior, he lost 1K instantly in my game as he bemoaned the fact that the game was "boring". His "boredom" in the game led him to raise and call raises with any two, more or less.

Anyway, he raises in the c/o and I call in the bb with Q,8 spades.

Flop is J /images/graemlins/club.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif I check raised and he 3 bet me. Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif I bet and he called. River is 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check. He checks.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to what he had?

[/ QUOTE ]

9To that missed a river bet?

PokerBabe(aka)
05-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Darn close, Clark. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

PassiveCaller
05-25-2004, 10:57 PM
I can't help it.. ATo?

xmrstyle
05-25-2004, 11:21 PM
must be 27os

Zeno
05-25-2004, 11:29 PM
Q10, if QJ it is puzzling that he checked it down unless he put you on a straight draw that made it.

-Zeno

VeryTnA
05-25-2004, 11:44 PM
He made the Nutz on the river with Q 9. Checked it to The Babe because......you are A BABE. This action did not impress you. He didn't play well enought to get your attention. He is now kicking himself with the thought you would have paid him off on the river. He needed the money for a long cab ride.

SinCityGuy
05-26-2004, 04:45 AM
T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

By the way, Babe, James Woods and Kathy Liebert were playing 20/40 at the Mirage tonight.

PokerBabe(aka)
05-26-2004, 08:59 AM
The young wanna be 40-80 player had A, 10 offsuit for a rivered pair. I honestly had no idea what he had until he turned his cards over, /images/graemlins/confused.gif but I did appreciate the free showdown. Hope he continues to find the 20-40 "boring" /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

LGPG,

Babe /images/graemlins/heart.gif

PokerBabe(aka)
05-26-2004, 09:02 AM
Wow- James Woods is one of my favorite actors. Babe likes his bad boy looks and smart alec attitude /images/graemlins/wink.gif. Kinda like Clarkmeister but older with dark hair. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

LGPG,

CrackerZack
05-26-2004, 10:15 AM
I've seen this a lot, not with a hand this good, but with something that no longer can only win if you fold. Basically the T game him showdown value so instead of "bluffing" the river, he figures he has a shot now and is thinking the always evil, "A worse hand can't call." of course he's wrong, but this comes up a lot.

DcifrThs
05-26-2004, 10:26 AM
great turn bet by you.

i think he had good 'ol BS...as in, big slick, or was attacking the blinds with some low pair.

-Barron

Kevin J
05-26-2004, 03:00 PM
As I read your post, I put him somewhere around AT with maybe a backdoor flush or str8 draw at worst. I see your frustration but the thing is, I'm not sure he played it as bad as you think. Especially if he's aware that you view him as an overagressive fool who open raised from the cutoff.

Turning Stone Pro
05-26-2004, 04:05 PM
I havent seen you post anything were you were not the winner of the pot.

Clarkmeister
05-26-2004, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I havent seen you post anything were you were not the winner of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming from someone with 23 posts, most of which have been ridiculed, I'm not so sure that she cares.

CrackerZack
05-26-2004, 04:40 PM
What do you mean? A couple of conspiracy theories and some blatant obnoxious bragging isn't enough to get credibility around here? I think a lot of us are in serious trouble then.

Kevin J
05-26-2004, 07:05 PM
I don't know. I think he's got a pretty easy bet on the river after the babe checks. But that's what YOU'RE saying, right?

CrackerZack
05-26-2004, 07:17 PM
No, i'm explaining what I've seen and my theory on it.

As for betting the river, I would, but that wasn't being discussed.

PokerBabe(aka)
05-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Turning stone pro? Did I misunderstand your post? I did not win this hand since the antagonist has A,10 for the rivered pair of 10s. I had Q, 8 for the flopped pair of 8's.

Look good, read good....,

PokerBabe(aka)
05-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Hi Kevin....I was surprized that the guy didn't bet the river. God knows, he put in enough money with no pair and no draw....so why he didn't bet with a pair is beyond me. I guess he put me on a hand he couldn't beat /images/graemlins/confused.gif

LGPG,

Turning Stone Pro
05-26-2004, 09:47 PM
Babe, I have to admit I posted before I looked at the results. I like to get a rise out of the other posters sometimes, just to keep 'em on their toes. I didnt mean it to be at your expense!

I remember those old Mirage 20-40 games, used to have a ball out there. My business has just become too hectic, but I gotta get back . . .

Best Wishes,

Joe

PassiveCaller
05-27-2004, 01:48 AM
Is there where I chime in with my pokermafia tapes to gain creditibility? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif