PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Re-buys (in B&M tourney only)

KONE
05-25-2004, 09:22 PM
<font color="red"> OPINIONS ON REBUYS AND ADDONS

Hey all. This is my first post. I'm thinking of organizing a tournament amongst my friends and I'm wondering whether or not to have rebuy and addon options available. First, I'm kind of wondering how they would work. Second, does it have a profound effect on the style of the tournament?

Thanks!
KONE "Bucky Jackson"
</font>

ZootMurph
05-26-2004, 12:00 PM
You should post this in the Home Poker forum. They talk about home poker tourneys a lot there, and there are a lot of sites they have posted about running your own home tourney. Too lazy to go there and get links for you.

I will say that you should not make your first tournament difficult, so rebuys and addons should wait until you have run a few tourneys and have a better feel of things.

Al_Capone_Junior
05-26-2004, 02:07 PM
I suggest you DO have (limited) rebuys for an hour or two and that they be affordable and perhaps smaller than the initial buy in. This will sweeten the pot and keep the action going. If you were going to have a $50 buy-in, say there are two $30 rebuys and one $30 add-on (or something, you can make it up).

I have run lots of these things in the past, I can make further suggestions if you like.

al