PDA

View Full Version : Weakest Play Ever!

RPatterson
05-25-2004, 09:07 PM
I'm playing a nl ring game on UB.

Folded to me on the button, I raise it 4x bb with A9spades. Small blind calls.

Flop is JQ4 with 2 diamonds. He checks to me. I almost check back because I figure he has to have some part of this flop but then I think [censored] it, be a man. So I fire 3.50 into this 4.30 pot. He then folds KJ of diamonds face up.

Basically this dude flopped 2nd pair, overcard kicker, backdoor flush draw, headsup in a blind steal situation and just check-folded. I was laughing that [censored] up!

How would you guys have played it? I think I would have just bet out so I'd have a more clear indication of if he had a Queen than if I check to him and then don't know if he's bluffing or not.

Godfather80
05-25-2004, 09:46 PM
That fold is so astoundingly weak that you have to wonder whether he read the board correctly. Even if he thought you held the best possible hand at that point (trip Queens), he still had plenty of odds to chase down his flush. What sort of flop was he looking for?

RPatterson
05-25-2004, 10:19 PM
God bless people who fold everything but top pair.

RPatterson
05-25-2004, 10:20 PM
My mistake the board held only 1 diamond. So he had a backdoor flush draw. Deffinately not as strong as the 4 flush but a check-fold is pretty damn weak.