PDA

View Full Version : For Tennis Fans

BeerMoney
05-25-2004, 08:46 PM
The French Open is upon us. Who do you like in the men's and women's draw?

For the men's draw I have to go with Federer. When the guy is on it seems like no one can touch him. I'm not sure if clay is his specialty, but he's go too much game for anyone to overcome.

On the women's side I like Serena to get her revenge on Henin and crush her 6-0 6-0.

Boring picks, but hard to pick against.

I was a die hard Sampras fan, but for those of you who know the game, how do you compare Federer to him?

stripsqueez
05-25-2004, 10:02 PM
i havent checked the odds yet but i wouldnt be taking serena at anything shortish - on clay i prefer henin - no way is it going to be 6-0 6-0 if they do play - henin is a rock

i think your right about federer - sampras was a great player and i think its fair to say his game was largely a power game - amazing then that he did ok at the french - i think federer on his best game is a more talented player than sampras - that is a big statement and would be better expressed if i said that federer is unbelievably good when he is in form

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

adios
05-26-2004, 01:18 AM
Henin-Hardenne on the women's side although Serena is definitely capable.

Ferrero on the men's side. Roger Federer is a fine and very talented tennis player but I'm not sure that he'll take the clay court experts on their surface like Ferrero, Coria, and Moya. It should be interesting.

SevenStuda
05-26-2004, 05:01 AM
Men's tennis seems to be in a sad place, there are no longer any clear favorites in my oppinion. In regards to major tennis, the French is by far the weakest event; probally due to the surface. I have no pick for the men, but don't rule out grinders like Albert Costa, Gustavo Kuerten, and Unis Elanyoie (bad spelling). As for the womens draw, nobody is more exciting to watch than the Williams sisters, however their consistency is always suspect. Henin-Hardin should take home top place at Roland Garros. By the way, do you think Henin wears a bra?

-Dimitri

BeerMoney
05-26-2004, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
By the way, do you think Henin wears a bra?

-Dimitri

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a better lock than Aces-Full that she doesn't wear a bra. She's gross. I think I root against her just cause of how she looks.

andyfox
05-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Don't know whether or not she wears a bra, but I do know she lost today. With Clijsters out with an injury, I would think Serena should be in good shape.