PDA

View Full Version : J,J Turn raise, fold, or call?

Pat C
05-25-2004, 06:28 PM
Typical late Sat night $4/8 game at Canterbury Park. Most of table are new players, 1/2 are drunk, normally 6-7 people see the flop, players aren't aggressive, several are more than willing to pay you off; what more could someone ask for?

Have J,J UTG + 2
UTG+1 open raises, I re-raise, folded around to BB who calls 2 cold, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks, UTG+1 bets, I raise, BB calls, UTG+1 calls

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, I bet, BB raises, UTG+1 folds...

BB is calling station that rarely bets out. I initially didn't worry about his cold calls because he sees every flop regardless of action and normally sees the turn before folding. Not to mention he is drunk and is on his third rack in 1 1/2 hours. This is the first time he has check raised.

Raise, call or fold?

Joe826
05-25-2004, 06:56 PM
No way you can fold this. If you've seen him play TPTK weakly before then just call down, otherwise I would probably re-raise and check/call the river if he caps. This would be overaggressive against alot of players, but if your description of the player is accurate it seems like he could be raising almost anything.

Alobar
05-25-2004, 08:57 PM
I call down here....it scares me that a passive player who you've never seen check raise suddenly decides to do so, so I wouldnt advice a re-raise...he obviously has a hand. Maybe he just hit his 9 and thinks top pair is good. but it could just as easily be two pair or a small set, or even the str8

WarmonkEd
05-25-2004, 09:06 PM
I put him on some wacky 2 pair. You mentioned he's drunk, so maybe he's just tilting. Either way I'd call him down.

Pat C
05-26-2004, 07:53 AM
As it turns out, BB played this hand better than I expected he was capable of from flop on. He had a set of 2's. I did call down, couldn't drop this hand. Don't know if I would have called two cold preflop with pocket 2's behind two raisers; but from flop on I have to give him some credit.