PDA

View Full Version : Instresting time at Stars

cartoonsoldier
05-25-2004, 09:12 AM
I guess I am on a bad run of cards (bad luck too?)...the worst I have experienced till now I can say. What do most of you do during such times? Stop for some days, move to lower limits??

Some examples:
I have 66
Position: 2nd last to act
1/2 $ limit
Raise to 1, called flat by 2 players (SB, BB).

Flop: 777
SB bets, BB bets, I rasie, Called by BB. SB folds

Turn 4:
BB checks. I am pretty much sure he doesn't have a 7.
I bet, he calls

River: 4
He checks, I bet, he raises. Just to be safe, I call.

Now, I generally wouldn't have mind him having the 7, but he turns over the cards which I least thought he would have. 44...

BB wins pot with quad 4s

Another hand:
QhKh
6-handed, on the button.

Folded to me, rasied to 1$.
Called by both.
Flop Q,K,4 (rainbow)
SB checks, BB bets, I raise, SB calls, BB re-raises, I call, SB calls.

Turn: 3
SB checks, BB bets...and same as flop action.

River: 8
SB bets.
Now this surprises me, he has only been calling raises till now, and now he bets first. I look if any draws might have hit, I cant see any. My only thought is him having pocket 8s, BB calls and I also calls.

SB turns over 88 (hella...Probably the worst chasing I have seen till now for the river).
BB turns over A3 (wtf ?)

I muck...
88 takes a nice pot.

I also lost 2 hands on AA, but considering they haven't won much for me till now, I don't mind it.

I decide to try SnGs.

First one is the 10+1 one.

I start of very nicely, chip leader in 5 hands, after turning 2 pair and getting a full house to someone with pocket 7s (I have Q,9s).

I have KK, person raises, I go all-in, he calls. Turns over 6c 8c.

Hits the backdoor flush. Down to around 1700 from 2700.

AK (hearts) suited, rasie to 500, called by 2 people. Flop is 9,10,2 (2 and 9 of hearts).
I have the nut flush draw with two over cards. I move all -in (first action). Called by one person.

Turns over 2,10 offsuit.

Turn : rag
River: 10 of hearts.

I can't beleive he called preflop with 2,10 offsuit. The blinds that time were 50-100.

I am down to 300, and gone out in next hand going all-in with Q,T suited.

Then I rested for some time. Went over WSOP news and updates, and sat back at 1/2$ limit.

No cards, or flops. Bluffed and won a couple of pots, but still down from buy-in. Finally left table and realised, its not my days.

2 days now, losing streak on. Just that I am a college student, so but frustrating. I don't mind being outplayed, but being outdrawn sucks.

Any advice?