PDA

View Full Version : AK over-aggression

PraetorianAZ
05-24-2004, 09:21 PM
BB calls to the river any pair. UTG+2 is a known TAG. Against TAGs I find myself going over-aggressive at times. Misplaced? Lay this down?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero bets, BB folds, UTG+2 raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero bets, UTG+2 raises, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between UTG+2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+2 (13.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ks Ad (one pair, aces).
UTG+2 shows Ah Qd (two pair, aces and queens).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins 13.50 BB. </font>

Keats13
05-24-2004, 09:35 PM
I don't like the flop 3-bet. It's pretty clear you're behind, and the pot is laying you 12:1 to hit 4 definitely clean outs and maybe 3 more (although you don't know which 3 or if any of them are clean). Call the flop. Once the A hits on the turn, I still might be in check/call mode, as the aces were the least likely "clean" outs.

JohnShaft
05-24-2004, 10:09 PM
I'm exactly with Keats here. I don't like the "over-aggression" as you yourself labeled it.
What legit PF raising hands are you ahead of here? Answer, almost none. AK ties you, AQ has drawn out on you, as has KQ. You can beat AJ, and that's about it.
Not only that with your flop 3-bet you are almost committed to lead the Turn (and despite the A hitting I'm sure that was your intention). UTG+2 here could have played this perfectly by calling your 3-bet to raise the Turn with a set, or even AQ. You've put yourself in a bad position, out of position.

Call the flop raise, and as Keats has said the A is not a great out. So even then I don't think I'm checkraising.