PDA

View Full Version : Experiences of UK and other non-US neteller users

Tosh
05-24-2004, 08:33 PM
How do you find it and how do you have it setup ? I changed my currency to £ thinking it would be better to get cashouts but I got really screwed over the exchange rates a few times. Is the best idea to just keep it in $ and cash out via a site that sends cheques in £ ? Help appreciated with this.

William
05-24-2004, 08:54 PM
The best is to keep your account in dollars and just cash out with the card. You will get a very fair exchange rate (better than you would get with a check)

William

Tosh
05-24-2004, 09:11 PM
Yeh where I really got stung was when I withdrew $700 from Party to pay back in for their reload bonus, then found out my $700 was now worth little over $650.

Audi
05-25-2004, 04:20 AM
Yep, just to confirm - if most of your transactions are in USD keep neteller in USD. There really seems no way to get around being shafted by neteller exchange rates.

Once you've changed currencies is it possible to change back?

SomeTimesIWin
05-25-2004, 07:45 AM
The only thing that seems to have changed lately is that the balance on the Debit card is in Canadian dollars, at least if you live outside the US. So if you live in the Uk you will convert your funds two times, first from dollars to CAD and then from CAD to Pounds.

Tosh
05-25-2004, 08:21 AM
Good point, is it possible to change back ?

TylerD
05-25-2004, 08:35 AM
You can only change the currency yourself once, you need to contact Neteller to change it again.

stripsqueez
05-25-2004, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The best is to keep your account in dollars and just cash out with the card. You will get a very fair exchange rate (better than you would get with a check)

[/ QUOTE ]

i just got the card after i found out the exchange rate is decent - prior to that i got the sites to send me cheques which my bank happily cashed at the optimal exchange rate

stripsqueez - chickenhawk