PDA

View Full Version : Should I lay this AKo down preflop?

Glurfle
05-24-2004, 05:56 PM
UTG limps, I raise AKo from UTG+1, 2+2'er 3-bets from UTG+2, MP caps, SB calls 3.5, UTG calls 3 more...

Table is pretty loose. 2+2'er is not likely to be 3-betting a bad hand. If he's been paying attention, he's not 3-betting my UTG raise with AQ or below. I think I'm a coin flip, chop, or worse against him. Capper has raised 2% of the time over the course of 570 hands according to PT. 2% of all hands is more or less AA and KK. I'm getting 10:1 to draw to an Ace that may or may not be good or a flopped broadway which almost certainly gives 2+2'er a set.

I suck at poker. I had all these thoughts, called anyway, flopped a K, thought to myself "no way is this good, I've probably got 2 outs", check-called down anyways, and was of course shown AA. Sometimes I don't know why I even bother thinking when I'm playing, since it obviously doesn't affect how I play.

bicyclekick
05-24-2004, 07:10 PM
The 2+2er shouldn't be 3 betting you with AQo. AQs maybe.

Folding wouldn't be bad, neither would playing it the way you did.

I'd robably fold, though.

bernie
05-24-2004, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 2+2er shouldn't be 3 betting you with AQo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the 2+2er's take on the posters play. If he thinks he's raising a little loose here, he sure isnt just going to call it. If one is going to play AQo in this spot, it's for a raise.

Usually, it's a very good idea to fold this, however.

b

jrobb83
05-24-2004, 07:35 PM
If a guy who raises 2% of the time caps preflop and it's two more bets to me, I'll fold AK all day and sleep very well at night. You are at best a coin flip against both the 3-bettor and capper. I can think of very few situations in which I would lay down AK preflop in a limit game, but this is one of them.