PDA

View Full Version : thedorf sb post. quick response: removed from DS's TA thread.

DcifrThs
05-24-2004, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
could someone please tell me where all of the (flawed?) tommy angelo advice is? I haven't been able to find it on this site. Also, where is the best literature on how to play in the small blind. If I recall correctly "texas holdem for advanced players" has a good section on it but I don't recall any advice for what to play against raises in the SB. right now I play 5/10 with a $2 smallblind and I call anything in an unraised pot unless the player in bb has tendency to raise a lot (by the way, if you concentrate, I think spotting the tell of someone who is about to raise the bb is fairly easy. It's about the only one I can spot with consistency. too bad its only slightly profitable.). I will probably have the bankroll for 10/20 with a $5 bb pretty soon though and would like to know how to adjust starting requirements. I would especially like to know what I should consider when deciding to call a raise from the BB and even more importantly from the SB. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

first off, the question should be in smalls stakes. second, you are not ready for tommy's advice or to be in a place where you'll understand what is going on if you're still calling anything in the sb when its 3/5 of a bet to call.

you NEED to be selective there. i toss MOST hands and only call with good odds to do so (i.e. lots of limpers...then i'm not tossing "most" hands). A2o, muck. k3o, muck. 73s, muck. 76s, call. 97o, muck. 97s, call. q8o, muck. q9o, muck. qto, call. q8s, call.

those are just a few i could think off immediately and they can change but those offsuited hands are really trouble and you won't be giving up much if you toss most of 'em. low cards can also give you problems as you should be playing tight at this point...$2 sb is not a bargain...you need to put 1.5 TIMES that in the pot to call.

$10sb in 15/30 is a bargain since you have to put in .5 TIMES that $10 int the pot to call.

-Barron