PDA

View Full Version : Obvious leak continued...

BigEndian
05-24-2004, 02:17 PM
I hadn't seen this one in my hand history before - looks pretty interesting. The flop is the obvious playground. The river will probably draw some people calling for me to bet it, but the way the action worked I think this is not such a good idea.

Btw, appologies in advance for not posting reads - obviously a difficult thing to do reviewing hand histories.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: BigEndian is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">BigEndian raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">BigEndian bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BigEndian 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP3 folds, BB calls, BigEndian calls.

Turn: (10.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, BigEndian checks, MP1 checks.

River: (10.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, BigEndian checks, MP1 checks.

- Jim

stoxtrader
05-24-2004, 03:33 PM
tough turn card, I'm torn between betting to avoid giving a singelton club a free card and avoiding BB's very possible c/r. In the heat of battle, I probably bet this, but don't feel great about it - fold to a raise if it's still three way, probably call down HU.

BigEndian
05-24-2004, 04:35 PM
I don't think betting out on the turn is a good idea after the flop CR and limp cap by two opponents. Very similar to the other hand I posted, this generally indicates a set or a flush draw, but not always of course.

- Jim

pudley4
05-24-2004, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The river will probably draw some people calling for me to bet it,

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think your hand is good here even 1% of the time.

Fnord
05-24-2004, 05:58 PM
Any chance of taking this down with a river bet? Does anyone here try? Seems like both other opponents fear the flush...

PokerBob
05-24-2004, 06:14 PM
I play mainly 1/2 so I may be out of my league here, but I'll take a stab.

I bet the turn and slow down if raised. MP1 capped the flop, but in schzitzo fashion (coldcall-cap, wtf???), and BB's c/r on the flop could simply be a free-card move. The club is a scare, but I say bet the turn.

I think YHIG here on the river more than 8% of the time, so bet it.

Fnord
05-24-2004, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think YHIG here on the river more than 8% of the time, so bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's magic about 8%?

BigEndian
05-24-2004, 08:16 PM
The schitzo fashion is generally an indicator for a set or a big draw, but not always. Also what kind of card would the BB free card CR for?

For the river bet to be for value, my hand has to be good more than 33% of the time if I'm called in both places and 50% of the time if called in one place. Otherwise, it's basically -EV. Taking away the small margin that I can get both spots to fold better hands than mine (top two) of course.

Worth mentioning is that I'm the very first player to shovel my chips into the center when a four flush comes - except for special circumstances. This is one of those circumstances I believe.

- Jim