PDA

View Full Version : A8s in BB

ddubois
05-24-2004, 10:34 AM
I scared everyone away. I should be glad to have won with A8 aganist a PF raise, but I can't help but think I might have ganied more by smooth calling the flop and check-raising the turn:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 4.25 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 0.50 BB, overbet by Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Hero wins 4.75 BB. </font>

btspider
05-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Bet the flop and trap MP2 between you and the Button. If raised, I'd 3-bet the flop and lead the turn if the button only calls.

If the button raises the flop bet, a smooth call and turn check-raise will likely fold MP2.

If the flop is capped, I might check-call it down if its heads up. If its still 3-way, I may bet the turn and then call it down if raised.