tolbiny
05-24-2004, 09:29 AM
Party 30+3 NL sng, third hand-

i get AKo on the button. two limpers and lp raises to T30
next player raises to T45...
my play?

salty
05-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Bet the pot and if the T45 player comes back over the top its got to be a high pocket pair.If he calls you get to see the flop and take it from there,with him to act first.

He might be sticking in a small raise in order to provoke a bigger bet so he can get someone pot committed,a pot size bet should give you a better read on the situation and if he goes all in and you fold youre still in the tourney with only a small dent in your stack.

Im basing this on the pot bet being T100 and you still having T1000/1500

tolbiny
05-24-2004, 10:06 AM
I had T770- Party has T800 in starting chips and i began as the big blind... Does the missing T200 change anything for you?

Jason Strasser
05-24-2004, 11:49 AM
Min raises scare me. Maybe its just that I'm a wimp, but they do. You have 2 options:

1) Raise pot.
2) Call.

I tend to go with 2 more than 1, especially in the lower levels of SNG play. There are many players who are trained to sit on the min raise button when they have premium hands, in order to build a pot.

Call, proceed with caution.

salty
05-25-2004, 09:40 AM
the starting chips of T800 does not really change anything.

I had wrongly assumed a few things tho in my first response.

Here goes.....

I thought the blinds would be 5/10 to start,so i had figured the bb was 10,first to act had made it T30 and the re raiser had made it T45.In thinking this, the play I had assumed was happening was,T45 had a good hand TT-AA for example and had stuck in a small raise to T30 in order to provoke a reaction but also leaving the door open to those yet to act to bet the pot.You come in and bet the pot and if he has one of those hands he will come over the top and re raise the pot or all in trying to get you or someone else pot committed.

Knowing what i know now I would say his raise is weak and you should bet the pot here and if he only calls the bet then bet the pot on the flop.

stripsqueez
05-25-2004, 10:44 AM
i like fold - last time i played this game several guys were keen early and the game doesnt get tough till late - i'd rather wait than take a risk that is a fair chance to commit me - more specifically i'm not going to be shocked if after raising it comes back to me for my stack or a big chunk of it

strangely i like call for the same reason - i can see the flop and take a more obvious choice at creaming the guys who are too keen

stripsqueez - chickenhawk