PDA

View Full Version : Weak Tight or Results Oriented: A Ladies Tale

limpgoat
05-24-2004, 07:10 AM
Hi.. Been lurking for a while now, but for some reason haven't yet used this forum to it's fullest (by making a post). So I've finally gotten off my lazy rear and registered, as I'm really questioning my play on this one...
Party 10+1 SNG, Second Hand (In other words, zero reads)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed)

UTG+1 (t800)
UTG+2 (t800)
MP1 (t705)
MP2 (t800)
MP3 (t800)
Hero (t800)
Button (t790)
SB (t705)
BB (t485)
UTG (t1315)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t15, UTG+1 calls t15, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t15, MP3 folds, Hero raises to t150 <font color="blue"> (With no reads and 3 limpers already, I decided to throw out a very large raise, as I wouldn't have minded folds all around and picking up the dead money as it was so early. Especially considering that a 3-4xBB raise does little when the BB is T15 on these small party SNGs)</font> ,Button folds, SB calls t140, BB calls t135, UTG calls t135, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds.
<font color="blue"> What I really didn't expect was 3 callers. I had absolutely nothing to go on the way of reads. I just decided to pray that an A doesn't flop. </font>

Flop: (t630) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB bets t90, UTG calls t90, Hero folds, SB folds.
<font color="blue"> (And here was my problem. The bet of 90 was really weak, but still represented a fifth of my stack. I figured my choices were to push or fold, and with the possibility of trips, AK, Ax I decided to lay down my queens. </font>

Turn: (t810) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB bets t125, UTG calls t125.

River: (t1060) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: t1060
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: t1060 (t1060), between BB and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (t1060).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Tc Qc (high card, ace).
UTG shows 3d Kd (one pair, threes).
Outcome: UTG wins t1060. </font>

In the end, I was, needless to say, a little bit surprised to see these hands. However, all things considered, was it the right move to lay down the ladies, or should I have pushed? Would it have better to try and call down the other hands, hoping the SB didn't check raise or someone laying down a large bet on the turn?

Stoneii
05-24-2004, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(In other words, zero reads)

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't read that if they had their hands face up /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your preflop raise of 10*BB was called by K3 and QT (SUITED I'll have u know /images/graemlins/wink.gif).

It's just too hard to imagine that no-one has even Ace rag (SUITED) when you get 3 callers to such a preflop raise. Although not the second time you try it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Obviously BB was leading out post flop with his runner runner top str8 draw and UTG was completely hooked with his bottom pair &amp; King kicker /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thinks - must open an account at Party - I have to see this

G'Luck

stoneii

TylerD
05-24-2004, 08:07 AM
It all seems fine to me, I've been trying to decided whether I would raise more preflop, but 150 seems OK to me. The tiny flop bet usually represents a solid hand and a call is reasonably indicative that someone has an ace. Easy fold, IMO, considering its still early.

As for the results, well, thats Party for you.

Welcome to the forums.