PDA

View Full Version : At final table of Stars 10+1 rebuy, come sweat me if you would like

ClemsonAce
05-24-2004, 03:20 AM
In second w/ 8 to go. stop by if you like.

ClemsonAce
05-24-2004, 04:23 AM
Down to 4 of us w/ equal stacks. We did a 4 way split.

Stoneii
05-24-2004, 07:47 AM
n1 congrats /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stoneii

ClemsonAce
05-24-2004, 05:55 PM
Thank you Stoneii.

Also, do you like the idea of a 4 way even split since all of us had equal chip stacks? Any thoughts on the deal are appreciated, I think it was a smart deal since I got only 70 or so less than 2nd place money.

DougBrennan
05-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Nice going Clemson.

Re the split, I may be talking out my butt here since I've never done one, but I think it depends on how you feel about your chances of outplaying the remainder of the field.

At least in this particular tournament, the stacks are deep enough relative to blinds that I don't think it's entirely a crapshoot. I played a final in that rebuy once where from 3 players down to the end it took well over an hour and there was quite a bit of play at less than all-in.

From a money perspective, I think the split is fine, but if you're feeling obstinate or are in a gambling mood, I believe the chips to be deep enough to be worth playing. (It looks to me like the average chip count would have been about 900,000 each, with 20,000/40,000 blinds--plenty of room for play.)

Of course, time of day is another consideration. Even on the West Coast where I am, that final table finishes up pretty late.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I think a 4-way split was fine, but, were I you, I wouldn't be hesitant to play this one out next time you're there. Good going, nice tourney!

Doug

ClemsonAce
05-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Thank you Doug and I appreciate the comments. It was getting pretty late for me and I had work in a couple of hours so I thought that giving myself 2nd place money was the best option, plus it was a significant boost to my bankroll (that money will come in handy as I finish up my last semester in the fall and try to build enough of a bankroll to travel to LA and play in the tourney in August).

Thanks again.

adam

Tosh
05-24-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm normally prepared to make these chops at Stars when we have equal chips, depends in part on the blinds. Generally you can expect decent competition so I'm never giving up a great deal by not playing out.