PDA

View Full Version : James said I should post this one

Ulysses
05-24-2004, 12:55 AM
He was SB in this one. I think he mainly just wanted to know what I had. I guess the action here was pretty weird.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: akshawnd is Button with ?,?.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, akshawnd raises, SB folds, BB 3-bets, akshawnd calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB bets, akshawnd calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB bets, akshawnd raises, BB 3-bets, akshawnd calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB bets, akshawnd raises, BB folds.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
akshawnd - Ad 5h (full house, fives full of aces).
Outcome: akshawnd wins 13.25 BB. </font>

James282
05-24-2004, 01:17 AM
Hey Ulysses, by the river I was about 100% sure you had a full house, but figured you for 99 or A4 since you gave up on the turn. Did you think he was posturing with his three bet and that he could fold to a fourth? This seems like a pretty specific read. The action is confusing because in most situations you can make more $$ by pressing the issue on the turn against morons like this. Just curious as to why you thought this line was best?
-James

Ulysses
05-24-2004, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you think he was posturing with his three bet and that he could fold to a fourth? This seems like a pretty specific read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I don't exactly know why. But for some reason I had a feeling this guy might have absolutely nothing. I've had guys "test" me on the fold lately and fold to a raise. I also figured that if he had a flush draw, 4 total is all I'm getting if he misses. But if he hits, he might go more crazy if I don't cap the turn. Anyway, this was a very strange line for me. But for some reason I thought it was very likely he had jack-sh!t here.