PDA

View Full Version : I hate the way I played this

DOTTT
05-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Hi everyone,
$1/$2 table pretty loose action taking place. mp calls, mp+1 calls, lp calls. 3 limpers to me, I'm on the button holding KcQd. I make it $10 to go, all 3 call.
Flop comes: 4c 5d 9h

Checked around to me and I bet $15. mp folds, mp+1 calls, lp calls.
Turn: Kh
Again checked around to me and I bet $30, mp+1 folds, lp raises me to $65, I call.
River: Ac
lp bets $75, I fold.

Comments. Thanks.

Garland
05-24-2004, 01:39 AM
Once you get a couple of callers on the flop big bet with a ragged board, you have to figure yourself in trouble. There's a real danger of a set once you got check-raised on the turn. I think you should fold or push on the turn depending on your read of your opponent. That said, I would lean towards a fold.

On the turn, despite making your hand, why don't you check it? Your hand is not easily overtaken except by an A or possibly a heart, and you wont expose yourself to a checkraise. Now if someone bets a moderate amount on the river with still a favorable board, you can simply pick off a bluff or reduce the damage of going against a monster and also see his cards. If it's checked to you, you can certainly value bet. The power of position...use it!

Garland

gavrilo
05-24-2004, 02:02 AM
I never raise preflop in this situation... loose table, you likely will get called in multiple spots, even though you have best possible position, playing top pair can be dangerous against random cards.

The turn call is bad, at the very best, the only card I would want to see is a queen.

And you can expect a nice bet on the turn and you can't call unless you are up against a total moron.