PDA

View Full Version : KQo HU against BB

joker122
05-24-2004, 12:20 AM
No reads here.

On the flop, how often do you think you're up against a 2, a ten, or a wise guy trying to push you off your overcards?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. BB wins 5.16 BB. </font>

Guido
05-24-2004, 03:52 AM
I 3-bet the flop a lot of the time here but my HU play isn't very good (although it has improved a lot the last few weeks). When he caps I fold the turn when I don't improve. Sometimes I check the turn after 3-betting when I think he has a ten. Sometimes I bet again and fold to a raise. When he's still around I check behind on the river when I don't improve.

Guido

Thomsen
05-24-2004, 04:16 AM
I tried to make stats on that a while ago.

When you raise preflop and they raise you on the flop its is either a draw or a hand. Almost never bluff.

No draws here so he probablys has a pocketpair or he hit the flop. Muck it.

chesspain
05-24-2004, 07:27 AM
Since there are no draws available, the checkraise by the BB on the flop screams that he has a pair. You barely have the odds to call, especially considering the possibility that he has three of your outs with KT/AT, but I think it's O.K. to call so you don't have a target on your back. However, once you whiff on the turn and he bets into you, it's an easy fold.