PDA

View Full Version : My Blinds suck-helpful advice?

KHALI
05-23-2004, 11:03 PM
I am newbie who normally plays single tables and have realized that I know very little about poker period. One area that I seem to get killed is when I am defending the blinds. I have a couple basic questions in game play that I would like your thoughts on as I would like to improve.
1. What quality of cards do you generally defend with against a mini-raise as opposed to a 3x or 4x raise?(I know should be based on opponent etc but any general thoughts?)
2. A situation that happens a lot is late player raises I hold cards like KJ, A9 etc... how do you proceed. Am I playing too weak by not reraising here(depending on opponent)? I find if I call and then don't hit anything on the flop I fold to the positional raise after the flop. How often do you bet out after calling a preflop raise even if you don't hit any connection?
3. I have heard the term stop and go used in these postings, does that play have any relation to what I am asking and what exactly is it?
Sorry if my questions are vague and general but my play in the blinds in genreal is poor so I am looking for help in an overall sense not specific situations I guess. Mostly the problems come in the mid levels(3,4,5) against mostly full tables. Thanks for any input.