PDA

View Full Version : Misplayed Turn and river? Akshawnd takes me down

BugsBunny
05-23-2004, 09:54 PM
So I've been dabbling up at 10/20 a bit. At this table I've got a semi-maniac on my right and the other players have been so-so. But I haven't really been paying too much attention since I've gotten embroiled in a HU match at another table that broke-up.

Been mostly folding here anyway, not too many playable hands lately.

Anyway I get this hand, and don't really realize until the turn who my opponent is, or that he's sat down at the table (probably a few orbits ago).

I suspect that I should have either reraised or folded the turn. Once I called the turn I should have called the river - he could have very easily been on overcards in this case. Anyway that's what I get for not paying close enough attention to the game.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Button <font color="purple">(akshawnd)</font> raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, akshawnd calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">akshawnd raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">akshawnd bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, won by akshawnd.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by akshawnd.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
akshawnd doesn't show.
Outcome: akshawnd wins 9.50 BB. </font>

Ulysses
05-24-2004, 12:33 AM
As you say, if you're correct to call the turn, you have to call the river here. You're not calling for a two-outer. But it's OK to change your mind. Sometimes between the turn and river you figure out that overcards just don't make sense. In which case it's better to fold the river than compound your earlier error.

I suspect you made a good laydown on the river. That doesn't feel like overcards to me - pushing someone off any hand on a board like that is pretty hard, so I must have been expecting a call. Smells like a set or overpair.

PM me the hand # and I'll post what I had.

BugsBunny
05-24-2004, 08:32 AM
OK - I pm'ed you the hand number. In effect I did change my mind, I wasn't drawing to a 2 outer. If you did have a set it was 8's or T's, both of which beat me even if I do catch. And somewhere between the turn and river I figured that a set probably made sense.

I thought it would be more likely for you to have raised the flop if it was just an overpair - unless it was AA. My biggest problem was that I wasn't really paying attention - and I should have been.

Ulysses
05-24-2004, 01:38 PM
Dealt to akshawnd [ Qs, Qd ]