PDA

View Full Version : 3 bet flop vs. PFR + CC

Nick B.
05-23-2004, 06:32 PM
How is the play of this hand. I three bet the flop vs. the PFR with the cold caller in between with tp and oesd. After the 3 bet, I bet the turn with the intention of folding to a raise. Is that the right play? I don't think I will get a better hand than mine to fold.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11.75 BB, between Hero and Button.</font>Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

fyodor
05-23-2004, 06:52 PM
You're right that no one with a better hand then you after that turn card is going to fold. And if they raise you they very well may have the made straight. They also may just be hoping that you don't have it and will believe that they do. So I call the raise anyhow. You still have 4 outs on top of it.

When he doesn't raise the turn I lead out on the river although you inducing his bluff worked anyhow.