PDA

View Full Version : Just a hand

BottlesOf
05-23-2004, 03:43 PM
In maybe the loosest most passive game ever. FW 2/4. This is the Ed Miller table. 6,7,8 to every flop, for one or two bets, usually one. (If it's two it's probably b/c my friend or I raised--if they were gonna limp, they coldcall)

Anyway,

I get 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in MP. 2 limpers to me, I limp, and it folds around /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Only 4 to the flop

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

bb checks, first limper bets, 2nd limper calls, I raise, bb folds, limper1 calls, limper 2 calls

Turn: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]

limper 1 bets, limper 2 calls, I....

Homer
05-23-2004, 04:56 PM
Against only two opponents, raising is slightly -EV unless you think there is some chance they will both fold. Additionally, you have to be fairly certain that the original bettor won't three-bet and clear out the other player. In that case, the raise is very -EV.

-- Homer

Note - I'm still waiting to bust out of the tourney...haven't gotten that AA yet.

BottlesOf
05-23-2004, 05:23 PM
No chance of a 3-bet, not against this lineup. I was wondering about implied odds and the reverse effect. It was a rather EV neutral decision right there (31:15 to improve to a winner (almost always) and 2:1 on a raise.

I could probably get double should my straight hit, I might get nothing if the flush hit. I ended up calling, the river blanked and I mucked.

JohnShaft
05-23-2004, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Against only two opponents, raising is slightly -EV unless you think there is some chance they will both fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottles, even given you said there's no chance you'll be 3-bet I still much prefer the call for one reason (allowing that raising won't win you this pot, and I think that's the case).
That reason is that we will get the chance to Raise on the River when a number (if not all) of our cards hit (an 8 for sure, maybe a spade) AND that the bet will likely come *through* another player. (And the 3 rivering will far from freeze up the action if someone has an Ace, maybe quite the opposite).
If you raise the Turn you will be able to get only 1 or 2 bets in. If you call I think you will exceed that the majority of the time.

I can't see any value to raising, and I think you're giving up bets on one of your rivers.