PDA

View Full Version : outplayed/too tight/maniac?

scooby
05-23-2004, 12:35 PM
I didn't have any reads on these people beforehand, but I do now...should I have made a crying call or just folded? Got them in my buddy list now...
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO folds, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, UTG calls, Button caps, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero bets, UTG calls, Button raises, Hero folds, UTG calls.

River: (11.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows 4d 5h (one pair, threes).
Button shows 7c 7h (two pair, sevens and threes).
Outcome: Button wins 11.50 BB. </font>

samdash
05-23-2004, 01:43 PM
This is a bad situation. One strategy is to lead the flop and give up if you meet any resistance. You probably can't get a better hand to fold but that $5 bet you put out there is an inexpensive attempt to find out where you're at. Once it checked around like this you are either being trapped or are way ahead. I would check the turn once again and react to what happens on the 2nd betting round in a conservative manner. You shouldn't be too worried about giving a freebie here. If someone has a hand like QJ or JT they do have a gutshot draw but you're just too big of an underdog to worry about that.