PDA

View Full Version : Sb call, c/r

tolbiny
05-23-2004, 11:53 AM
30+3 sng on party, 9 players still in, level 2. I have around T650 and everyone involved has me covered except for the BB. Utg+1 openraises to T60 (the min) 2 cold callers and its on me in the sb with T /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif.
T45 to call in a pot of T245 (with the BB still to act)
I call. BB calls
5 see the flop for T300 chips
flop comes T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
gutshot, backdoor flushdraw, Top pair/bad kicker.

i check, bb checks, Utg+1 bets 30 (the min) mp and lp both call, i check raise to T200...

DCIAce
05-23-2004, 03:18 PM
I think I prefer betting to find out where I'm at, but this line doesn't seem too bad. UTG+1 may be one of those that tries to baby-price people in against a big pair, but even so, you're only about a 52-48 dog to AA.

What do you do if UTG+1 pushes? If MP or LP pushes?

imcastleman
05-23-2004, 04:58 PM
I like the way you played it. I hate betting this hand in early position. When you have 3 people behind you, someone is likely to stab at the pot. Lucky for you, utg+1 only minimum bet, which allows you to do what you did. I would have done the same thing and if he does reraise all in, I will probably call because I have already committed 260 of my chips and if I fold I only have 390 left. I like to play with a bigger stack and am willing to take a shot at hitting 2 pair, trips, or a straight knowing full well that he has me beat at the moment. If I win the hand, then I am in decent shape to continue on and hopefully win.

salty
05-23-2004, 10:23 PM
the right play given all the info.