PDA

View Full Version : Bet this flop?

pheasant tail (no 18)
05-23-2004, 05:51 AM
6/12 Fairly tight table. About 45% of flops raised. Usually 3 or 4 see flop.

In BB w/ Kd9d. Six limpers. I check. Seven to flop.

Flop: Kc Tc Th

Check? I hate to give a free card to club and straight draws but somebodys got to have a ten or a better king. Right? Not to mention that it would seeem likely that someone will bet this anyway.

Any insights appreciated,

PT

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
05-23-2004, 06:00 AM
Its a big pot, why not bet to see where youre at plus narrow the field and some of the time you hold the best hand anyways. If it gets raised, give up on the turn.

Trix
05-23-2004, 06:12 AM
Check and see what happens. With 5 players behind you and a flop like that it wont get checked through very often.
By betting you will just give everyone the right price.

Saborion
05-23-2004, 06:18 AM
Someone doesn't have to have a T. I wouldn't worry about a T quite yet. A better king? Maybe.

As for betting or not betting the flop, I'm on not sure. Sort of reminds me of a hand posted not long ago, a hand filled with draws. This one has two potential draws, plus you might be behind to a better king or trips. I think I'd check the flop, see what happens, and then take it from there. But I'm a newbie.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
05-23-2004, 06:24 AM
Im a huge noob too, but i think the agressive approach is usually the least wrong on the flop in a tough situation like this one. If youre gonna call, why not bet? If your bet is raised, you know where youre at.

Saborion
05-23-2004, 06:33 AM
You don't know where you're at if you're raised. A raise could mean a K, a T, QJ(s), flush draw, just about everything.

And how said Hero should call? That's the reason he should check. If there's an EP bet and a lot of caller, he should consider folding. If there's a bet and a raise, he doesn't really have to think about it. If the bet comes from LP on the other hand, he should strongly consider check-raising.

By checking the flop he will gain a bit of information, information which wouldn't be available if he bet the flop.

Saborion
05-23-2004, 06:35 AM
That's not a good way to play this hand. Check my response to your other post in this thread.

And the pot is not big. It only contains 3 BB - possible rake. I don't know much about live play.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
05-23-2004, 06:35 AM
That makes sense. Like i said, im a huge noob.

Saborion
05-23-2004, 06:44 AM
So was I a few months ago. Now I'm just a medium nuub. I think...