PDA

View Full Version : Comment of Dan N after busting out of the championchip

Martin Aigner
05-23-2004, 04:52 AM
According to pokerpages.com:

"9:15 PM
86 tables remaining.
Daniel Negreanu just busted out from the featured table. In his ESPN exit interview, he says one of his mistakes was trying to bluff too many unbluffable amateurs."

Guess, there won´t be too many hyperaggressive players to be seen at the last 2 days. I think that the players such as Dan N., Gus H., Phil I.... will have a pretty hard time winning this year. Or at least they will have to adjust their style on the first 2 days. Those players who make it over the first 2 days will have a huge stack though and be extremly dangerous. Hopefully Fossilman is one of them.

Best regards

Martin Aigner

Freudian
05-23-2004, 06:05 AM
He paid 25k to find that out? I could have told him for free.

MicroBob
05-23-2004, 07:32 AM
i assume he only paid $10k to find that out.
unless, of course, you know something about the entry-fee or his spending habits that i don't.

dlebowski
05-23-2004, 09:13 AM
the word is he had 27 re-buys. On Poker pages, on this site, etc. There is a picture on pokervoice (I think) where they are questioning him on his re-buys. lebowski

KC50
05-23-2004, 09:59 AM
There are no re-buys in the main event.

KC

bigfishead
05-23-2004, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

KC

[/ QUOTE ]

they were speaking of rebuys in the super satellites bonehead! hehe....

Yes Daniel should have adjusted qwicker. As anyone with more than 2-3 yrs experience will tell you. The great influx of internet players has proven very very profitable to those that adjust. After all, how often do you see them going all-in with 88 or less pre-flop in early stages, full table, after a raise, cold-call? Clearly these are mucking hands not all-in hands early on and especially in full tables. But thanks to WPT and the 6 handed or less play we watch on tv nowadays, newcomers think it's a smart move.

As DS wrote in his book(not verbatim but you'll get the point). Tournament poker for the good player is about taking advantage of big edges. While the lessor player must gamble much more and take the close calls or toss-ups and win those to survive. Clearly we saw that last year at the wsop final. going for broke on very iffy at best calls. IE: Moneymakers 33 hand.

The "rocks" have a great shot at this event. So many chips will be "gambled" away during the first 3 days that if a few of the rocks get them, they will be hard to take away. The 2 hrs per lvl structure is great for the better players. Even tho we have seen many great names get knocked out on day 1. If those that didnt get knocked out adjust to the "live ones" dead money, see probably 40% fewer flops(like those suited K9's etc) and are patient, they will find HUGE edges along the way.

Most often when these same players like Daniel get knocked out, they are able to pick 1-2 major mistakes they made. Don't make any mistakes, survive a few suckouts w/o losinng entire stack. Make a few suckouts when the competition drastically underbets the pot and gives you HUGE inplied odds, and the opportunity exists for a final table of studs instead of no-names.

just a thought and opinion.

KC50
05-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Yes I realize that now...guess I'd rather be a bonehead than a bigfishead tho. It's good you recognize your liabilites and picked a handle that suits you.

Kind Regards,

KC

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

KC

[/ QUOTE ]

bigfishead
05-23-2004, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes I realize that now...guess I'd rather be a bonehead than a bigfishead tho. It's good you recognize your liabilites and picked a handle that suits you.

Kind Regards,

KC

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

KC

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL dont take it so personal, I use "bonehead" in humor kinda like "slaps self on forhead" "Mcflyyyyy"!!" (circa" "into the future")

Mackas
05-23-2004, 12:55 PM
The 27 rebuys was in the $1000 NLHE event in which he placed third and cashed $100,940. It was not a supersatellite for the main event and had nothing to do with the main event whatsoever.

MVicuna
05-23-2004, 05:46 PM
I find this amusing coming from a hyper-agressive player who bluffs alot.

Calling them amateurs because they were 'unbluffable'. Maybe he just tried to bluff players who weren't weak-tight? Maybe he tried to bluff the same person over and over again and they made a stand once they realized he was running over them, not hitting every hand.

MarkV.

daryn
05-23-2004, 05:49 PM
indeed. seems like we have TWO boneheads on our hands. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

did anyone really think he spent $25K to get into the main event?

dlebowski
05-23-2004, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
According to pokerpages.com:

"9:15 PM
86 tables remaining.
Daniel Negreanu just busted out from the featured table. In his ESPN exit interview, he says one of his mistakes was trying to bluff too many unbluffable amateurs."

Guess, there won´t be too many hyperaggressive players to be seen at the last 2 days. I think that the players such as Dan N., Gus H., Phil I.... will have a pretty hard time winning this year. Or at least they will have to adjust their style on the first 2 days. Those players who make it over the first 2 days will have a huge stack though and be extremly dangerous. Hopefully Fossilman is one of them.

Best regards

Martin Aigner

[/ QUOTE ]

My response to that is (translation) "I didn't have jackshit and, do you believe it, they had the balls to call me on it?" jmo

Lori
05-24-2004, 01:21 AM
Somewhere in the WSOP is a kid saying "There was this drunken scruffy idiot on my table who bet into me every hand.... it was only a matter of time"

Lori

C M Burns
05-24-2004, 01:53 AM
It's funny that in super system, Brunsen says he saw a number of top players make that same "stupid" mistake of trying to run over calling stations (i beleive in the wsop). So seems like things don't change and dn hasn't read ss. Also since a good number of people know how dn plays i wonder how stupid these amatures really were.