PDA

View Full Version : PL HE 1/2. Hand 3...the FUNNY one

DcifrThs
05-23-2004, 01:30 AM
nooowwwww we get the funny stuff.

the gambler accross from rt5 (rtucker5 from 2+2) has been raising and taking em down entirely too much for my taste and has a very nice pattern of looser play early and tighter play late: puts money in on early streets but will be more likely to fold to a big bet on the end quite frequently.

so he raises the pot ($7) and i say to myself, ok, lets use this situation to slow him down and if he does call i'll try to get to the river cheaply and will take it there if it looks like he's unimproved.

so i reraise around $22 and he says, "ok, well u've been quiet over there so if you show me a card i'll consider folding" so i now have to actually "look" at my cards and decide whether i want to show him the Ts or the 3s that i have underneath lol. (Ts3s).

so since i figure he may fold if i show him the T, or i can take it later i'll oblige and flip it over...worst case scenario i have to release on the flop and we're done with it.

he sees the T and says , "SHT, i have an OVERPAIR to that lol" (aka, he has 2 overcards- no way he anounces the pair like that).

so he calls and the flop comes UNBELIEVABLE!!

KsJs8s. wow!! i flopped a t high flush! and he thinks i have either JT KJ, or most likely TT.

so i bet and he calls. i bet i think maybe $30 and he calls so its around $100 in there now.

the turn is the 7d.

i bet out $30 again and he raises me about $30 and i make a debateable string raise, "i'll call and raise you another $50" which the dealer allows (3 handed and i clearly was not even looking at him so it wasn't to get a read but TECHNICALLY i think it could have been ruled a string raise).

the river falls another 7 and its KsJs8s7c7d.

i bet 100 and gambler thinks for a while and eventaully calls.

i flip over the THREE OF SPADES and his jaw just drops FLAT and is frozen ilke ive never seen him before and just says wow you are the luckiest man alive or something to that extent.

now on the flop rt5 takes my cards (i don't fight b/c that would arouse suspicion) and looks which i gave him alot of trust in not to act rediculously surprised or show any emotion at seeing me reraise with the T3s! he does exactly nothing, as usual, and just lets me and the gambler play...thanks rt5.

after the hand the dealer, and the gamber are in SHOCK and rt5 says thats how i felt when i saw the t3s on the flop!

shocked and awed, my friends, ... shocked and awed.

and that was the 2nd or 3rd to last hand at 6 or 7am before we all left.

beautiful way to end a very nice PL HE game.

stay tuned for more good fun next week...same dcifrths time, same dcifrths channel.

-Barron

SpaceAce
05-23-2004, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
stay tuned for more good fun next week...same dcifrths time, same dcifrths channel.

[/ QUOTE ]

That line made me really look at your name for the first time ever. I usually slip my eyes over it and think, "Dgfschmr," or something similar. Now that I bother to read it, I am amused.

SpaceAce

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
05-23-2004, 05:44 AM
Whatd he have?

DcifrThs
05-23-2004, 11:33 AM
i never asked. he mucked.

-Barron