PDA

View Full Version : PL HE 1/2. Hand 1.

DcifrThs
05-23-2004, 01:01 AM
thursday Virginia plhe game.

2 semi full tables going i'm at the first one for a good long time. accumulate just over $1000 in chips from a $200 and change buy in. then a seat opens up at the other table to the right of rtucker5 (the one seat). i take the seat and join the game, introduce myself and we're off to the races.

i think at this point i have had maybe 3 or 4 beers as i wasn'tr eally planning on getting into many hands as i had met my goal and was only playing non-marginal, good looking situations. i was also very ebullient and kept lively talk going. the man accross the table in the 7 or 8 seat had a nice tell that the vein in his neck would pulsate when he was excited and his excitement seemed to = at least top pair if not better. another man 3 seats to my left was a decent playing individual but a bit timid and fairly straightforward.

up to this point the vein man had been in a few pots with me and won them all and its folded to him in fairly early position, maybe EMP and he raises $2 or $4 to go. i am in the CO or button with 6h5h and i say jokingly (only partly) "i'm going to take your entire stack with this hand" as i throw $4 into the pot. he seems unphased. then the man 3 to my left (lefty) calls as well.

flop comes great Kh9h and some other non straight unsuited card.

lefty checks vein man bets like he wants a call and has a hand but right as i'm about to oblige him hoping to catch so he'll pay me off (no use raising when im only gunna make it harder to get paid off with more than i put in) i notice lefty looking eager to call. at this point i think he's likely got a flush draw and if he does and i call and make it its gunna cost me a lot to only win at most 2:1 on my money from these guys...so i'll just toss this now and save myself the trouble as if i had no piece of the flop and said, "you're lucky i didn't really hit something, or else i WOULDA taken your stack /images/graemlins/wink.gif"

so i fold, left calls, a heart comes and he makes a Th9h high flush and gets nicely paid off.

now as a sidebar, rtucker5 and i have an agreement (as a good deal of people at this game have) that when we are not in the same hand we show each other our cards as long as no open emotion is visible or displayed. rtucker5 saw my hand and was surprised by my fold. when i explained myself he said "good read" and that was that...

anybody else fold here? like it? hate it?

2 more hands to come......

-Barron