PDA

View Full Version : I like to fold.

Chris Daddy Cool
05-22-2004, 10:11 PM
B&M NL game 2/3 blinds

I got K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP2. 3 limpers to me. Player to my direct left with a huge stack raises it up to 10. The button, SB, BB and the limpers all call. I call as well.

FLOP: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to an old dude on my immediate right who moves all in, $80 bucks so so. At this point I got about $180. I think for a little bit and fold.

Everybody else folds without hesitation. The old dude asks me what I had to think about. A flush draw? Straight draw? Nah, I had a ten, I said. Oh, did you have a weak kicker or something? It was okay, K, I answer back. A couple people look at me incrediously and I'm labeled as weaaaaaaaaak for the rest of the night.

Um, should I have called?

neoliminal
05-23-2004, 12:15 AM
You did fine. The table sounds quite loose to be pumping in that much money on top pair bad kicker.

LA_Price
05-23-2004, 08:02 AM
I probably would rather raise than call when K10s because it doesn't have many draws to the nuts but I'm relatively new to NL. But if you have position and are playing with big stacks it's probably ok. I'd probaly fold as well because you have hardly any money in the pot. You are a dog to AA, KK, QQ, JJ and about even with AK of hearts suited at this point and there's not much in the pot. I would have said I folded a draw or 99.