PDA

View Full Version : Still working on this "folding" thing

joker122
05-22-2004, 08:28 PM
No reads, sadly. Where do you fold each of these, or do you call down?

Hand 1:
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.66 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.66 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Js Ts (one pair, tens).
Button shows 7d 7h (three of a kind, sevens).
Outcome: Button wins 9.66 BB. </font>

Hand 2:
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Jh Js (one pair, jacks).
SB shows Qs 9c (one pair, queens).
Outcome: SB wins 9 BB. </font>

sthief09
05-22-2004, 08:47 PM
I play both hands the same. I think folding at any point int he first hand is wrong, and a lot of people will make a desperation river bet in the second hand.

dennischambers
05-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Your play on these two hands isn't bad. I might have led on the river of the second hand, because if he raises, you wouldn't call anyway, but you would get added equity by possibly causing him to fold, therefore increasing your odds with the same amount of bets.

Alobar
05-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Hand one you likely have enough outs with the possibility of being ahead that calling the turn raise is right. You could prolly fold the river here as I don't think you win 1 time in 8, but without a read on an opponent thats a really hard thing to do.

Hand 2: I raise the turn, its highly doubtful he has the flush as that hand usually checkraises here and you might get a Q to fold. I fold to a 3 bet and plan on taking the freeshowdown on the river. Tho if the 4th diamond falls I may bet it if checked too because I think at that point with the bets that would be in the pot it wins enough to be profitable