PDA

View Full Version : $4/$8 game with $1/$2 blinds

SpaceAce
05-22-2004, 05:49 PM
The game in question is not one of those that attracts the rocks who will fold their tiny blinds forever until they get AA. The game is, in fact, quite lively. If only six people see the flop, all the face cards must still be in the deck.

On to my questions:
1) Are there any suited or connected hands you won't see the flop with if you can get in for $2? What about semi-connected hands like J9?
2) How do you adjust your standards for calling raises?

Thanks,
SpaceAce

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
05-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Well, i figure your implied odds go up, but your post flop pot odds will be smaller than w/ 2/4 blinds. I dont know, im just a noob. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

balkii
05-22-2004, 06:23 PM
I'd think you'd wanna get in the pot more often with implied odds hands, specifically low pairs. Suited connectors are of course considered implied odds hands but it seems like drawing would be rather costly, given the relatively small amount of money going in preflop.

But you could probably play low pairs for 2 cold and from early positions a lot better, as you will probably get paid very nicely when you hit.

Another consideration would be the pot manipulation ideas from HPFAP, seems like they would work much better in this game. Keep the pot size small preflop and then a flop raise could cost someone $8 cold to stay in, could cause a LOT of mistakes to be made.