PDA

View Full Version : very VERY basic questions

PokerFox
05-22-2004, 04:35 PM
I'm starting out in limit, with a goal of getting better and consistently posting wins.

How many big bets an hour is the standard goal?

and more importantly..i KNOW this is a really simple question but I can't remember the answer..is it more profitable to play in a full 9 handed table or 6 handed.

Thanks all who answer.

Homer
05-22-2004, 05:21 PM
How many big bets an hour is the standard goal?

In live low-limit games, you should shoot for 1 BB/hr. In online games, you can aspire for 2.5 BB/table-hr, due to a lower rake, more hands per hour and no tipping.

and more importantly..i KNOW this is a really simple question but I can't remember the answer..is it more profitable to play in a full 9 handed table or 6 handed.

I would guess that an expert 6-handed player will make a little more per hour than an expert 9/10-handed player. A shorthanded player will make slightly less per hand, but that is probably more than compensated for by the additional hands per hour (~1.5x as many)

-- Homer

tech
05-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Anything greater than 2 BB/100 (big bets per hundred hands) is a good win rate. Per hour depends on how many tables you play at a time, how many hands are dealt, etc.

As for full ring vs. shorthanded, others can answer better than I. Good luck!

Kluddeludde
05-22-2004, 05:48 PM
I think about 1 BB/hour is what you will try to aim for.

Whether to play at a full table or a 6-handed table is a matter of taste I think. At a 6-handed table you will be playing more hands and hence, if you are skilled at it, will make more money per hour. However, you can usually multitable much more efficiently at a full table and thus play more hands than when you are playing just one table.

Welcome to the forum.

Kludde