PDA

View Full Version : ok, so with how much fun has been made of my bad beat stories...

PITTM
05-22-2004, 04:20 PM
i decided that i should go back and check out these "bad beat" hands and evaluate mistakes i might have made, and im hoping i can get some help.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 max, 5 handed)

UTG ($25)
MP ($51)
Button ($50.75)
Hero ($19.15)
BB ($90.60)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, Button folds, Hero raises to $3, BB calls $2.50, MP folds.

Flop: ($6.50) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero bets $6.2, BB raises to $12.4, Hero raises to $16.15 (All-In), BB calls $3.75.

Turn: ($38.80) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in) </font>

River: ($38.80) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in) </font>

Final Pot: $38.80

the only thing i can think of is that i should have bet more preflop, but if i do that, then i scare everyone away, and pocket queens are no good. I think i HAD to make that post flop bet since i did put him on a mid-high pocket pair, just not the 8's.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 max, 6 handed)

Button ($18.60)
Hero ($14.50)
BB ($70.45)
UTG ($28.75)
MP ($32.95)
CO ($120.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Button folds, Hero raises to $2, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls $1.50, CO calls $1.50.

Flop: ($7) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero bets $6.65, MP folds, CO raises to $13.3, Hero calls $5.85 (All-In).

Turn: ($32.80) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in) </font>

River: ($32.80) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in) </font>

Final Pot: $32.80

is there any possible way i can even consider putting him on 2 pair at this point? i was absoutely shocked after this one. i guess thats what i get for playing at party, people will call raises with 25o.

i think a lot of my frustration lies in the fact that it is hard to put people on hands in party, should i modify my play some way because of this? Keep im mind im not some whining loser, i am a winning player at about 5bb/hr. im just trying to fix some holes in my game that i think might be caused my inadequate adjustment to looser players.

rj

Tosh
05-22-2004, 04:23 PM
You need to be rebuying to the maximum more often.

PITTM
05-22-2004, 04:26 PM
first hand he had pocket 8's to beat me. 2nd he had 25o for two pair.

rj

GrannyMae
05-22-2004, 04:27 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=693203&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb =5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1

PITTM
05-22-2004, 04:30 PM
give me a break, lets turn this into a [censored] witch hunt cause i cheated at online poker 2 years ago, im sorry granny, if you have a problem PM me and we can talk about it like civilized human beings. i dont cheat anymore and i am trying to get help in improving my game. i am really sick of everyone on here being such board captains, if i ask for help, i am asking for help, not some guy who thinks he owns the place to flame me, real helpful.

rj

GrannyMae
05-22-2004, 04:34 PM
hey thief. choose a new name.

if you don't, i will post this link behind every single comment you make. i have every right to do it, and it is not breaking any forum rules.

leopards NEVER change their spots

PITTM
05-22-2004, 04:43 PM
you can be stupid and stubborn all you want. im sure youve never done anything wrong ever and if you did im sure you would want people bringing it up all the time. i would venture to guess that many people on this site have cheated before, just because i told someone that i did to prove a point doesnt mean that you have an obligation to point it out. i know it is entirely within your rights to post it every time, but i would think that a decent human being wouldnt be such a douche about it. if so, congratulations, get a [censored] life.

rj

chesspain
05-22-2004, 04:44 PM
He's even a bigger tool than I originally thought!

Jurollo
05-22-2004, 04:45 PM
I agree with granny, once a cheater always a cheater.

chesspain
05-22-2004, 04:45 PM
[sniffle, sniffle, sob]

La Brujita
05-22-2004, 04:46 PM
PITTM,

Many people on this site attempt to make significant money playing on the internet. A fair game is central to the attempt. I don't see why you think it not a big deal that you have admitted to cheating on the internet. I try to be helpful and respond to strategic questions quite often but I have no interest or intention in helping you.

Don't you see some irony in asking for help from the very people you attempted to cheat?

Edit to say you are really not helping your cause by accusing many others of cheating. Do you have any substantiation at all?

Tosh
05-22-2004, 04:49 PM
Apart from anything cheating is just sad. I feel sorry for someone who does it.

PITTM
05-22-2004, 04:50 PM
again, i cheated 2 years ago, i regret it, im sorry i did it and i dont do it anymore. i cheated at .50/1 pacific poker, i dont think i cheated any of you and im sorry if i did. i dont see it as a big deal because i dont believe any of you if you say you havent cheated in anything before. and if you have youre the biggest of hypocrites. as far as im aware, this board is to help people, not rub in mistakes they made 2 years ago. if you all decide that whatever youve cheated in is much more honorable than what i have cheated in or something, congratulations, keep convincing yourself.

rj

GrannyMae
05-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Don't you see some irony in asking for help from the very people you attempted to cheat?

VERY well put. for all we know he was part of the crew that stole from jim kuhn. he claims he left pacific voluntarily, but he is a thief and i don't believe a word he says.

Jurollo
05-22-2004, 04:55 PM
You must be held accountable for past transgressions, it is the basis of our society. I just can't believe you have the nerve to come onto a poker forum, admit you have cheated other honest individuals out of money, then turn around and ask for help. Your contention that no one else has ever cheated in something is most likely true, but we do not go asking for help to the very group we cheated, that in itself is absurd. I say be gone with you cheating scum! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

chesspain
05-22-2004, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
again, i cheated 2 years ago, i regret it, im sorry i did it and i dont do it anymore. i cheated at .50/1 pacific poker, i dont think i cheated any of you and im sorry if i did. i dont see it as a big deal because i dont believe any of you if you say you havent cheated in anything before.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your insincere apology is all that needs to be said about your character. But lest you think that this revelation about your past cheating is going to sully your reputation, don't worry--even before learning this about you I already thought that you were a tool.

PITTM
05-22-2004, 05:07 PM
so we admit to having cheated in other subjects, but that is ok? but me having cheated on pacific 2 years ago is not? wow, i am in a world of logic. i dont care if you think i stole from jim or whoever, my roommate and i simply played our hands next to each other and lost lots of money doing it. the fact that the "once a cheater always a cheater" logic is used by the same people who say things like, "Your contention that no one else has ever cheated in something is most likely true" really does not hold in terms of credibility. how does you cheating on say a physics test separate you and i in terms of credibility? is it because i admitted to having done it and no longer cheat? hell i would give my money back to pacific if i hadnt lost it all. it just seems ridiculous to say that i am scum for having cheated at something when you also admit to having cheated at things. as i have said a million times, i dont cheat anymore and i am sorry i did, i dont know where the claim that my apology is insincere came from, but it certainly is not. i feel bad about it and i wish i had not done it, but im sure you guys flaming me is really going to help me go back in time and not cheat anymore, thanks.

rj

Non_Comformist
05-22-2004, 05:09 PM
I believe there has been multiple examples of the FBI and other law enforcement agencies hiring people who were once convicted of various forms of fraud to assist in preventing and detecting the very crimes they were convicted of.

If I understand the whole story here, there was a post about collusion and this poster gave an example of a site that does not proactively prevent it. Information that may quite possibly prevent future 2+2ers from being cheated.

I have no idea how long ago this really happened or if it still does. However having no proof of such I don't see any reason to constantly demonize (polictical season sorry) this poster. JMO

PITTM
05-22-2004, 05:12 PM
i saw a poster worried about collusion on a specific site, told them how easy it is to collude on that site in hopes that i would be preventing him from losing money. it happened 2 years ago.

rj

Jurollo
05-22-2004, 05:25 PM
Well if you lost it all why did you say you did "VERY well" in your original post?

Jurollo
05-22-2004, 05:27 PM
and.... you don't see the irony here? that you cheated in poker, whether is was 2 years go, 5 years ago, or 10 years go... and you are asking other online players for help in hopes of refining your game now?

PITTM
05-22-2004, 05:38 PM
in response to the first post. I DO very well right now, at that point i DID very poorly.

in response to the second, look up irony, you are using it the wrong way. but i do think it matters how long ago the cheating took place, if it was up to your logic the only prison sentance a person could recieve is life because they will never rehabilitate from their mistake. i do not understand your logic and it seems full of holes. things like it is ok to cheat elsewhere, but not at online poker are just giant hypocritical statements. as i have said, im sorry i did it and i dont do it anymore. I ask for help because i m dedicated not only to becoming a good poker player, but a good, honest poker player.

rj

Jurollo
05-22-2004, 05:51 PM
ok so here goes, I didn't say it is OK to cheat other places, so it took some nerve to cheat in online poker than ask a forum of online poker players for help refining your game. Ironic; Poignantly contrary to what was expected or intended.. I believe that definition will work as to what I was meaning. Feeling that I wouldnt expect that someone who cheats at poker would ask for help in a poker forum. And now to your dumbest statement yet, the idea that I am insinuating that the only reasonable punishment for someone would be life... that is absurd and I never said anything to that effect, you are correlating two unrelated things I said, "once a cheater always a cheater" and the fact that you have to serve some kind of punishment, i.e. banishment from the forum. Continue to attack my statements if you wish, I just think you are a low life and I feel my assertion is backed by many on the board. Thank you. This is me signing off from the topic. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PITTM
05-22-2004, 07:08 PM
ok, so you saying once a cheater, always a cheater, and then saying it doesnt matter how long ago it happened doesnt matter is supposed to point to you being a reasonable person? my statement was that if you dont think it ever matters how long a time it has been since something happened and you think that someone is "once a cheater is always a cheater" than you obviously must not believe that people can change EVER. so i dont see how it is absurd to say that you must think people cant change, it seemed like that was EXACTLY what you were saying, look at it and tell me otherwise. i love when people make grossly stupid points and say they wont comment any further on the topic, they must not want to make themselves look any stupider than they already have...

rj

ps. that definition of irony still has nothing to do with the current situation. if you want to just use whatever word pops into your head, make sure it fits the situation please.

Freudian
05-22-2004, 07:41 PM
I don't see what you hope to accomplish by constantly dragging it up. Will the guy getting a new username on this forum because of you constantly bringing this up be a monumental victory for you?

If everyone here is constantly treating him like a cheater because of what he did two years ago, what's keeping him from going back to doing it? It's not like any of you here give him credit for admitted doing it and realizing it was bad anyway.

You have made your point. Over and over and over again. Perhaps its time to give it a rest now.

GrannyMae
05-22-2004, 07:54 PM
what's keeping him from going back to doing it?

freud teachings say he has never stopped and never will. he has already changed his story and said that his original post, where he claimed they did VERY WELL was not what he meant. as far as my suggestion for him to chage his name, he is free to keep it, and i am free to repost his admission.

i guess you would have us believe that he saw Jesus and now knows the error of his ways. if he is not cheating anymore it is because he is inept at it, not because he chooses not to. if you think i will give a scumbag like this a second chance because he says he stopped, you are nuts. i'm a poker player, but i am not st00pid, nor have any obligation to forgive.

but freud was nuts too, so you are doing him proud.

note this sentence:
it was VERY effective
and note how he claims he did not mean this in a later post. i'm glad you are so trusting of him. i hope you get him at your table.

POSTED BY PITTM
<font color="red">when i first started playing online, my roommate and i would sit next to each other and play at the same table on our laptops. Pacific poker even lets duplicate ip's play. for other sites we would just use dsl/aol and it was VERY effective. i can imagine that since everyone is thinking about it, many are probably doing it.

rj
</font>

PITTM
05-22-2004, 07:58 PM
i mistyped, i didnt do very well, my account balance at pacific is 0, not because i cashed it out, because i lost it all. yes, i did give up cheating because i was inept at it...2 years ago. grow up, how old are you? 12? i dont see why anyone should care what i did 3 years ago...

rj

rj

GrannyMae
05-22-2004, 08:05 PM
i dont see why anyone should care what i did 3 years ago...

i care because i believe you would jump on the opportunity to do it again, even if i were to believe you stopped.

cheats are the lowest form of scum on earth (that's you), and i will continue to repost your admission at least once a day as long as you post.

if i am approached by the mods to stop harrassing you, i will defy them and repost until the day i am banned. then i will do like ryan*21 and slither back in the middle of the night and anonymously repost your admission and let mat clean it up in the morning.

you seem to have a couple of "fans" won over, but i am not one of them. i will sacrifice the Granny posting name in a second to make your pathetic asss as miserable as i can.

Freudian
05-22-2004, 08:13 PM
I don't particularly trust him or not. I just find forum jihads sort of pathetic, especially when they are repeated ad nauseum.

But if you think you are doing something worthwhile here, feel free to do it 1000 times more.

PITTM
05-22-2004, 08:18 PM
unlike what you think, life doesnt revolve around 2+2. i'm not asking for fans, i am only defending myself, i am a good guy who made a mistake, i admitted that and no longer do it, yet you still insist on being unreasonable. I dont consider them fans so much as i would consider them "reasonable human beings". which you, my friend, are far from.

rj